NE1 else wondering what April has in store?

Toede

I'm curious to know what this means as well. Maybe expansions go on deep discount or they sell a bunch of the expansion goodies individually on the DDO store for a limited time.

Scrag

Looks like specials on packs, or special pack packs, which you can get an elixir instead if you already have packs?
Since it is boolean, whatever it is has to be a singular object (or singular discount).

50% off dread?! Wait, never mind, I bought the tome when it was on sale.

axel15810

Since every other month is a giveaway of some kind, it only makes sense April would be too. So considering that, my suspicion is they're giving away some of the older expansions for free. Probably the first 4 since those have just about been free anyway with the 99 point sales. Plus I'd expect them to throw in Feywild in addition (because otherwise it wouldn't really be all that special). They might surprise me and go further, maybe even give them all away for free except for Vecna.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

so the curious thing about the April Gift is the asterisk which says

"* Limited to 1 per Account; Claim on Your Preferred Server"

which if it's an old Xpack/adventure pack, then u would only get the Xpack adventures on 1 preferred server?
that might be possible, or it could also be possible they give you a choice of 1 of Bottle of Mist, Sharn Boarding Pass, etc. on just 1 preferred server?
or it's something else entirely...

like what does it mean: claim it on a preferred server and it only exists there? or still can access on All servers?

...well suppose we shall see (y)

axel15810

which if it's an old Xpack/adventure pack, then u would only get the Xpack adventures on 1 preferred server?
that might be possible, or it could also be possible they give you a choice of 1 of Bottle of Mist, Sharn Boarding Pass, etc. on just 1 preferred server?

like what does it mean: claim it on a preferred server and it only exists there? or still can access on All servers?

It could just refer to the elixir of discovery for those that have all expansions already.

Toede

Since every other month is a giveaway of some kind, it only makes sense April would be too. So considering that, my suspicion is they're giving away some of the older expansions for free. Probably the first 4 since those have just about been free anyway with the 99 point sales. Plus I'd expect them to throw in Feywild in addition (because otherwise it wouldn't really be all that special). They might surprise me and go further, maybe even give them all away for free except for Vecna.
I think this is really how it should be by default. Buy current expansion, get all quest content unlocked up to that expansion. It would make it a lot easier for new players to jump into the game without that mountain of expansions staring them back in the face. The amount of people willing to pay for all these expansions goes down with every release. I get SSG wants to make money but forty, or however much the base expansion costs, is better than zero. And they can still sell their goodie packs full of gold seal hirelings, classes, races, enhancement trees and cosmetics for those willing to buy them. Plus, once that player buys the initial expansion to bring their account up to date, they will likely continue buying each subsequent expansion, if they stick around. Lots of games do it this way. Not sure why SSG doesn't.

Toede

Probably because they are going to have a claim npc for the goodies. So you can claim it on whatever server you want but it will be account wide, whatever it is. That's my guess anyway.

nix

obviously it will be a unique cosmetic