Bug: proof vs poison augment doesn't stop troglodyte stench

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Specifically, proof against poison +5 slotted in a gem of many facets and against the fiendish troglodytes in coalesence chamber got me 'nauseated' repeatedly.

I am almost 100% sure the proof vs poison +2 augment slotted in a feywild ring works against the trogs in marketplace.

Chacka

As far as I know, the proof against poison augments or items never worked against that effect. It's possible that lower-level troglodytes just don't have that "trick."
But I know that you are immune if you are undead or a warforged or bladeforged, or in any other form that provides immunity to poison or the buff "remove poison."
I think the reason is that there is no saving throw against that effect; you are either immune, or you 100% get that debuff.

WielderofGigantus

I think the reason is that there is no saving throw against that effect; you are either immune, or you 100% get that debuff.
Uh, there is a saving throw versus Trog Stench, I've seen the die roll pop up on my screen when I've walked through the stink cloud left behind by a dead Trog. Sometimes I succeed against the Stench, and sometimes I roll badly.

Chacka

Uh, there is a saving throw versus Trog Stench, I've seen the die roll pop up on my screen when I've walked through the stink cloud left behind by a dead Trog. Sometimes I succeed against the Stench, and sometimes I roll badly.
If there is a saving throw against that specific poison, then the augment should work, and you should not get that debuff if your saving roll is high enough and if it is high enough also on a natural 1.

Also, notice that the troglodytes have several poisons, and it is possible that you see a saving roll against one of the poisons but not against that one. But again, I'm not sure about it. I also always wondered why the proof against poison augments and items never worked for me against that effect, so it's indeed a question if it is WAI or a bug.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
If I remember correctly, there's no way for me to check for confirmation right now with the servers down. But I believe there are three different Troglodyte Stench in the game.

1. From their Aura that lingers around them.
2. From when they land a successful attack on you.
3. When you land a successful attack on them.

If memory servers, one of them has no save, and I believe it is the second one. Whilst the third one has a save, but Poison Immunity never granted protection against it. I believe you need Nauseating Immunity (Warforged and/or Undead) to be immune to that one. Only the Aura one can be immune from.

Again, going from memory so I can't confirm exactly at the moment.

J1NG

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
And from their dead body for a few seconds. I wonder if that one is differently coded.
Possibly. Unfortunately only a Dev can tell us that or not, as testing would not be able to differentiate that out sadly.

J1NG