Anniversary Event Secrets - Convallaria puzzles

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
In the update to the Anniversary event, Convallaria has some interesting text.

Alerted by Yamani to the Arcanaverse discord the team jumped on it right away. Answers we came up with in the spoilers.

Huge thanks to SSG for continuing to do cool stuff like this. And I imagine a big props to Convallaria for letting her NPC be the catalyst for future puzzle hunts. Understand they're not everyone's cup of tea, but we clearly enjoy em and look forward to the next!

(Say): +Convallaria says, '.... . .-. . .----. ... / .- -. / . .- ... -.-- / --- -. . / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- -.-.-- / - .... . / --- - .... . .-. ... / .- .-. . -. .----. - / .- ... / ... .. -- .--. .-.. . .-.-.-'

HERE'S AN EASY ONE FOR YOU! THE OTHERS AREN'T AS SIMPLE.

morse code

(Say): +Convallaria says, '15 33 25 34 54 44 23 15 14 45 33 22 15 34 33'

Enjoy the dungeon

polybius-square cipher

(Say): +Convallaria says, 'T lzl'e pltp iyw dcacc qxnzzeyyb tlqwcklbtmy bz etdp wzc, mse ulwmm vcpx ll pgp mfb tl epp dfbfpp nzp xwcc zn efpap cwapusmcc.'

i don't have any super important information to give you but maybe keep an eye out in the future for more of these elsewhere

Vigenère cipher. Key = lily

(Say): +Convallaria says, 'C bijy sio'ly yhdischa iol augy!'

I hope you're enjoying our game!

Rot 20 cipher

Last edited:

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord

Alerted by Yamani to the Arcanaverse discord the team jumped on it right away. Answers we came up with in the spoilers.
Just to give credit where credit is due Emergencies pointed out these puzzles to me!

Reactions: DJH

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown

Huge thanks to SSG for continuing to do cool stuff like this. And I imagine a big props to Convallaria for letting her NPC be the catalyst for future puzzle hunts. Understand they're not everyone's cup of tea, but we clearly enjoy em and look forward to the next!

(Say): +Convallaria says, '.... . .-. . .----. ... / .- -. / . .- ... -.-- / --- -. . / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- -.-.-- / - .... . / --- - .... . .-. ... / .- .-. . -. .----. - / .- ... / ... .. -- .--. .-.. . .-.-.-'

Enjoy the dungeon

(Say): +Convallaria says, 'T lzl'e pltp iyw dcacc qxnzzeyyb tlqwcklbtmy bz etdp wzc, mse ulwmm vcpx ll pgp mfb tl epp dfbfpp nzp xwcc zn efpap cwapusmcc.'

i don't have any super important information to give you but maybe keep an eye out in the future for more of these elsewhere

I was just about to send you a PM about these!

I cracked them on my own as well - did you spot that
the key to the Vigenère cypher was LILY, and Convallaria is the Latin genus of the Lily of the Valley?
Who knows, maybe that might be useful down the line?

(For the uninitiated, the four codes in use here are Morse code, tap code (which splits the letters into a 5x5 grid), a Vigenère cipher (a complicated one that combines a substitution cipher with Caesar shifts as you move along), and a standard Caesar shift.)

Last edited:

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
(For the uninitiated, the four codes in use here are Morse code, tap code (which splits the letters into a 5x5 grid), a Vigenère cipher (a complicated one that combines a substitution cipher with Caeser shifts as you move along), and a standard Caeser shift.)
Thank you! I was just about to post asking for the method of solving instead of just the answer.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
As it turns out there is a 5th puzzle. Or really puzzle number 1. In the opening dialogue box the text in the npc chat channel is strange.

firstbox.png

image.png

ie e yo olr ad i a r embe

(spacing is my own, only groups letters that came from the same word. this may not be accurate)

Now, talking with Convallaria herself, this was meant to be a hint/clue/key to a later puzzle that we solved without solving this first. So I believe
Lilly
is likely thing we get out of this or at least a clue that points us in that direction. But how one would get there is still eluding me as of this moment.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos

morse code

Enjoy the dungeon

polybius-square cipher

Vigenère cipher. Key = lily

Rot 20 cipher
Good job guys!

Reactions: DJH

convallaria

Purveyor of Puzzles
As it turns out there is a 5th puzzle. Or really puzzle number 1. In the opening dialogue box the text in the npc chat channel is strange.

firstbox.png

image.png

ie e yo olr ad i a r embe

(spacing is my own, only groups letters that came from the same word. this may not be accurate)

Now, talking with Convallaria herself, this was meant to be a hint/clue/key to a later puzzle that we solved without solving this first. So I believe
Lilly
is likely thing we get out of this or at least a clue that points us in that direction. But how one would get there is still eluding me as of this moment.
Congrats on solving the last puzzle without needing the answer to the first! If you’re still itching to try out the puzzle, though, I would suggest you take a look at the whole message rather than just the highlighted letters!

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Congrats on solving the last puzzle without needing the answer to the first! If you’re still itching to try out the puzzle, though, I would suggest you take a look at the whole message rather than just the highlighted letters!
Got it! It's Bacon's Cipher!

Take the message, remove the punctuation, and replace green letters with A and orange letters with B - put through the 26-letter table, this gives "KEYISLILY".