Search results

1. Monkey_Archer

SSG: Scrap Epic Destinies and Reaper trees to reduce lag by 90%

Around 1-2ish years ago SSG made a series of changes aimed at fixing lag from the doublestrike change onward. Those changes did have a noticeable impact on lag. The last 6 months or so have seen the return of lag as bad or worse than before those changes. Rather than remove random components...
  2. Monkey_Archer

Enhancements that add HP for Fighter

12 points in falconry for 5% quality hp 4 points in harper for +15 hp ravager cores if dragonlord
  3. Monkey_Archer

Improve early epic leveling

IMO the most important thing to make early epic leveling easier is a good level 20 sentient weapon (I reccommend dreadbringer filigrees for the fort bypass). eXuum if you have alts, eSOS otherwise. Night and day difference.
  4. Monkey_Archer

It is time to increase THF damage multiplier

I agree, but they also need to survive longer than 2 seconds to do any of that :)
  5. Monkey_Archer

In my experience, there are usually very few scenarios where a group of mobs lives long enough to even resort to basic attacks, unless I'm doing something silly like trying to solo a different room than the rest of the party :)
  6. Monkey_Archer

No, I mean typical r10 play involves a group of melees running into a group of mobs, hitting 2-3 buttons then moving to the next during cooldowns. The AOE dps of THF or SWF is roughly equal because of the faster attack speed.
  7. Monkey_Archer

This is true for THF vs TWF, but SWF generally has better AOE dps in typical group play. Attack speed scaling (even without considering chains) means you can hit 3 cleave/whirlwinds in the time THF can do 2. At high levels of play in r10 you'll be lucky to hit any more than 2-3 buttons before...
  8. Monkey_Archer

Hard no to #1, but I agree with the rest of your post.
  9. Monkey_Archer

I've been calling for monster buffs as an alternative to nerfs for about 2 years now. Perhaps its just too simple and effective a solution that it gets no traction?
  10. Monkey_Archer

Right, THF is propped up in heroics and epic due to SOS/ESOS/Xuum. After 28 its falchion barb/dragonlord only.
  11. Monkey_Archer

THF definitely does not need such a large buff. It works well in 99% of DDO as others have mentioned and should be less single target dps than TWF for raids. The issue I see is that SWF builds are very close to TWF dps and with the large number of cleaves/whirlwind attacks available (and the...
  12. Monkey_Archer

Is raptor crash fixed ?

Ironically, I just recently began experiencing the raptor sound crashing issue when I had no issues before. So its possible something got changed.
  13. Monkey_Archer

WF Defensive Dilemma

It depends what you are building for: 1) Endgame or epic leveling -Composite + dodge + evasion + spell absorb is the best defense for nearly all builds and its not even close -Mithral body is useless due to its max dex bonus cap of 5, compared to other light armors with 20+ -Adamantine body is...
  14. Monkey_Archer

Will DDO increase overall difficulty?

I don't quite understand the idea that the game must remain easy so that mid-journey players can "catch up". It doesn't work like that... Easy grinds are the reason so-called "top" players are so far ahead. Without a difficult endgame progression system to slow these players down they will...
  15. Monkey_Archer

Dragon Lord heroic leveling is solid

While I could see a few minor tweaks, I wouldn't predict any major nerfs. For 18-20 builds Kensei is generally more dps; TWF DLs might be equal/higher depending on how invested in imbue you are... Multiclass dragonlord splits aren't really abusing anything that frenzied berzerker multiclass...
  16. Monkey_Archer

About the tumble changes, here's my take on it :D

Tumble was fine for ~15 years. I just don't understand why it needed to be experimented with in the first place.
  17. Monkey_Archer

Most of the single target epic strikes will not be used due to their excessively low damage

Well no, I'd just say buffs and power creep are bad when the game is not getting any harder at the same time. But, since you asked, hunts end now procs on all bolts fired for crossbow/repeater, as does pluck the string which can also now doubleshot, and you can use both... (don't blame me if...
  18. Monkey_Archer

Prioritize fixing reincarnation bank problems

Technically speaking, there's no actual reason why the TR cache should need to be emptied when you TR. (besides the issue of size, which could just be arbitrarily limited at ~200) I'm pretty sure in the time I've wasted clearing TR caches I could have re-coded the system to be permanent...