Search results

1. B

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 27th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Is it one gold roll per account per day? Previously it was one roll per server, but now it seems I got it on one server only.
  2. B

A Look at 2024, Year of the Dragon! - Producer's Letter

I'm hoping that the VIP update isn't just that we lose our bonus weekly gold roll when daily gold rolls are provided to everyone as part of year of the dragon next week!
  3. B

A Look at 2024, Year of the Dragon! - Producer's Letter

That last item for Q1 is coming due. "VIP Update". After it has been delayed for so long already, only a week or so to go before it's implemented! Yay!!!!!!! Definitely going to happen! Only 9 days at most.
  4. B

So when does the gold DD for vip start?

Will VIPs lose their weekly gold rolls for that month?
  5. B

Petition to have these unneccessary Changes reverted here.

Not signed I'm fine with the changes. Changes happen and I adapt. But people are free to dislike the changes and express that view.
  6. B

Update 66 Preview 2: AOE Ranged Attacks

Yes, use EK elemental imbues (which imbue your weapon, whether thrown, shot or swung). AA adds imbue dice to the imbue. The cores in EK add spell power and imbue dice, both of which are useful for Arcane archers. So it's hard to ignore the rest of the tree.
  7. B

Arcane archer isn't the only elemental imbue that might be used. I have an elven arcane archer pure wizard and a pure sorceror AA that use spellsword (not necessarily the fire imbue). Is it possible to have the Elemental inferno relate also to which elemetal spellsword imbue being used as well...
  8. B

I think I'll try taking Inferno shot from arcane archer, scattershot from Horizon walker, and exalted and avenging shot from KotC in heroics, which might give an interesting rotation of 4 AoE attacks. I'll probably go 6 ranger/12 paladin/2 monk. Then add in some more AoE in Epics.
  9. B

Highest level player character in game

LOL Almost me. I've been playing since FtP kicked in (2009?) I have 51 toons on my main account on Khyber alone, with 72 past lives between them - none have more than three.
  10. B

Ranged pally?! What is this? :)

I have a pure paladin ranged toon and a ranger/pally ranged (12 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk). With the AoE addition to ranged, I suspect I'll try an archer paladin that has 4 AoE ranged attacks in heroics - Inferno shot (AA Tier 2), scattershot (HW Tier 4), exalted shot (KotC Tier3) and avenging...
  11. B

Build Challenge

I don't think the game is "too easy", because one can select the difficulty that one prefers make it as hard or easy as one wishes! BUT it is easier than it's ever been for ungeared, first-life characters.
  12. B

DDO is celebrating the Year of the Dragon

"Later this year" could mean later in February or March - both of which are Q1. So no contradiction. The list of free stuff for Year of the Dragon is purely a list of the dragon-themed freebies that we are getting, not a comprehensive list of everything that is happening in DDO this year.
  13. B

DDO is celebrating the Year of the Dragon

I like everything, and even if I didn't - it's FREE! Thanks SSG
  14. B

DDO players age

I'm from the prime 70s DnD era. Fighters, magic users, thieves, clerics (and fighter-magic users). You could be a fifth level fighter with 5HPs. Good times! I'm 66.
  15. B

A little problem with alts

I don't really think of my toons as alts. I have 51 toons on my main account on Khyber, none of them bank toons. The builds are many and varied (although I seem to like archers!) and the toons are spread over all levels and have about 70 past lives between them (12 are first life). This means...
  16. B

Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

That's how the event is set up. Alas
  17. B

Illithid Invasion - Constructive Feedback

These are the things I feel are problematic about this event – there may well be (and are) positives but people (and I) tend to react more to things they perceive as negative. Not enough information was presented to the player base about the event. I know more could be found by searching for...
  18. B

Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Certainly the first one is trivial on normal, which I tried just to see what it was like. After the event I'll try harder setting. I soloed with an ungeared lvl 31 1st life fighter in using a party of hires with only the feywild muse as a healer. I was never in any danger.
  19. B

Asking the other way round : How can I contribute to this event ? How can I have fun out of this event ?

Wouldn't be more fun for people in a big guild to just tell each other about the spawn and not the general player base? That way they can exclusively get the "fun" of killing the illithid?