Search results

1. N

New player, first life need help and some wisdom.

Welcome to the game! I can't rmbr what is f2p class/race anymore but for healer and a bit of dps cleric is probably your best bet as f2p; then fvs when you unblock it - this is what you should be after, favour unlocks since you also gain ddo points via favour with which you can 'buy' account...
  2. N

changes to tumble BAD!

Ok, the examples you make are fair unintended uses but the current iteration severely limits other aspects such as the various abilities of passing through mobs and, I believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, the misty step/tumble bonus of Horizon Walker...which is a T5 too. Tumble is a mode of...
  3. N

The New Player Experience

Watching these videos with 'the new player experience' in mind is...like pulling teeth. At least he had a vet on hand to help, imagine those that don't?!
  4. N

To SSG; The endgame and the mountain we climb

I'm not sure what you mean with the G-land reference, forgive me. Tbh I'm not too sure I understand the racials comment either - when did I say they make a viable toon? I said they offer build flexibility. From what I do think I understand of your comments, I realise that whilst we agreed on...
  5. N

To SSG; The endgame and the mountain we climb

I agree with you but it helps to frame it since 'new players' are presumed to improve SSG's wallet and thus they are more likely to listen...if that's true or not is irrelevant. This makes the discussion revolve around the flip of that coin which is the 'first lifer can do anything'. Between...
  6. N

Update 66 Preview 2: AOE Ranged Attacks

I got to try some of the archer stuff out; the reduction in 'stopping power' is a little extreme. Longbow's are snipers: low rate of fire, high impact. Doesn't feel like that now. The aoe is a nice leveling tool and worked nicely bar the tiny radius of effect and the annoying soundfx (can't...
  7. N

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Ok, got my snarc out of the way, went to test the changes but can't transfer any toons on to Lama - my choice of Worlds comes up blank...anyone else with this problem?
  8. N

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

There is an alternative : play the thf dwarven barbarian despite what changes. Of course, you will probably not be able to play at the same level of difficulty, you will likely not invest in loot/crafting/augments/fillies/other micro-improvements that you would if it was a topdog alt...(did I...
  9. N

Small falconry request

Absolutely!! The cooldowns and the capstone are the main issues; if the whole power of investment in the tree (bar stat/trance) is the instakill and heal shots in T5 they can't have such atrocious downtimes (and for the heal it should scale with devotion or rp). The capstone - the whole reset...
  10. N

AotS blast question/viable multiclass?

True, but as an 'add-on' and not pure concept I would have played around with it even if sub-par scaling. Fair enough...I suppose that could be a good use of it. I only plan builds to cap so I just have to give up on AotS...shame it could have been interesting like the monk stances to spice up...
  11. N

AotS blast question/viable multiclass?

Sorry if I'm dense but I don't get it : if we can upgrade the blast via feats when multiclassing, is there ever a combination where it makes sense?! I mean, if its multiclassing with a melee/ranged, its better off using its weapon and if caster, even with the loss of a level it makes more sense...
  12. N

DDO Marketplace deals are up

Probably the kind of thing we're more likely to see in the December or July deep sales tbh. Black friday iirc is very heavily market based...and heavily in decline I might add. If anyone is doing any kind of market research, put one more down in the 'wanted to throw money at them but won't...
  13. N

Please bring back Ravenloftt ultimate bundle for Black Friday

For the love of all the gods, yes! Please bring the bundles back SSG...
  14. N

Reaper steed (cost)

ahh, it's capped in some way? I thought since the buddy was 5 levels under the quest level it would have been fine...shucks :( ty for the answer though!
  15. N

Reaper steed (cost)

I ran my first quest last night with a buddy - lvl24 toon, lvl37 quest, 1 almond. One. On top of the high stead cost, something funky per chance?
  16. N

night revels

Quivers...cough cough...quivers! ;)
  17. N

Ravenloft Bottle of Mist and the cosmetic bundle items from the old Ravenloft Expansion

I was about to buy the largest bundle the same month it was removed; really wish they would be placed back in the ddo market (alongside the Trove) as they were.
  18. N

As a Pale Master should I go for the Frostlight Mantle for the Skeleton Pet synergy?

whilst I do agree, the reasonably durable skellie pumping out a few thousand aoe dmg every few seconds on low difficulties (ee/r1) would be a fair qol perk for a palemaster using magus imo.
  19. N

As a Pale Master should I go for the Frostlight Mantle for the Skeleton Pet synergy?

I thought this concept would be interesting too but when I tried it out my skellie wasn't procing any aoe damage sadly. As it's worded it seems like a bug but it could just be wai and it wasn't meant to 'recreate' the mantle (but I'll be damned if I know what it was supposed to do!)