Search results

1. E

Myth Drannor Speculation Thread !

Especially a poll of notable locations (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Myth_Drannor). There are a handful of those I'm currently looking forward to seeing their rendering. Having a few places outside the main town could be fun to roam around.
  2. E

My Thanks to SSG...

https://www.enadglobal7.com/investor-relations/ Annual Report 2023, page 4 picture.
  3. E

Red wizards of thay pack

Wonder if any red wizards will be meandering around Myth Drannor...
  4. E

Genuine question: Why doesn't VIP spell swap apply to Wizards?

QA successful tested the swapping in all public outdoor inn areas.
  5. E

Feels like Something is Wrong

I'm thinking the bit off way more than they can chew with the staffing levels they have. The VIP changes and Year of the Dragon probably sounded simple enough to management. Unfortunately they probably ended up with key resources jumping between those 2 things and changes needed for Myth...
  6. E

Vertical scaling up of VM

<dons a Persuasion Fedora and drinks a +5 potion of neck beard growth> M'lady surely it is the database. The Asheron's Call backend completely rewritten in .NET calls out how demanding it is on the database. So all they need to do is upgrade the 5400 rpm drive the DB is on to be spread across...
  7. E

Underused Enemies

Gingerbread golems! Could have a whole army of them. Bonus points if the are miniature. Even better if I they are on my side and we're fighting on a milk lake versus some stuff from Xoriat.
  8. E

Why hasn't the LAG and other technical issues not been resolved?

Think of all of the AOE centered on a moving object limited time buffs/debuffs and the stats they try to adjust on PCs and mobs. Now sync that across a party with people in Korea, Brazil, USA, UK, France, and Australia. Now do that for all the parties on a server using code that has been being...
  9. E

Stealth-Nerf of Airship

Well some of their QA employees on LinkedIn mention they create standards and procedures. Maybe they are assigned to LOTRO? Possible they are still working on writing the procedures for UI testing. So many squared octagons on the enhancement trees, it would be hard to miss them.
  10. E

After Myth Drannor, might I suggest something Maztica?

SSG doesn't like wildmen for reasons. They even replaced some with bullywugs, because people can't associate frog people with nasally croaks to any human demographic. Probably won't be heading to Kara-Tur or Al-Qadim either.
  11. E

Stealth-Nerf of Airship

So a developer or content designer added the teleport in the grove and to the menus, ran DDO in their local dev environment, validated the teleport work, validated the dialogue boxes, thought everything looked good, chef kiss, and checked in the change. Pretty code reviews aren't happening...
  12. E

Mr.Cordovan: Myth Drannor pre-purchase when?

To be fair, Q2 runs 4/24 (beginning of April) to 7/30 (end of June), so they have plenty of time yet using the YotD calendar system.
  13. E

Most satisfying character action ingame

When Colors of the Queen drops you a Pork Barrel. Creating a frog army in Devil Assault is a close 2nd.
  14. E

The new race that's coming this year...

I think genasi would go well with all the wild magic stuff in Myth Drannor. Could reuse the human models, so less to worry about with armor meshes. Some different skin colors, toned down effects from sorcs/druids, and some new heads. Probably should do bullywugs to take a little wind out of the...
  15. E

Necro Flagging

If they did that, they would need to drop the amount XP those quests give to account for not needing flagged. I understand "having an opener" sort of defeats that logic, but the XP given shouldn't be based on assuming everyone is using an opener.
  16. E

Standing Stones vs Daybreak

Any idea if the 264 employees EG7 lists under Daybreak includes SSG? The way their site reads to me is that it would, since it lists LOTRO and DDO... along with EQ, EQ2, H1Z1, PS2, DCUO, and MTGO. So like 33 people per game. Of course, PS2 got sold off to Bay Tree Tower Limited and it's...
  17. E

Three-Hour LOTRO Dev Interview...

Listened it while doing ES2-3, Wheelon, High Road, and 1/2 of druid. I thought it was a good interview, would be nice to hear something similar from the DDO team. Guessing we have some of same the types of engine limitations/issues he spoke of. Liked that he talked a little bit on the design...
  18. E

DDOwiki broke, need alternative

On mobile, you can use an ad blocking DNS server. Which can break some public wifi endpoints, just have to swap back to automatic when that happens.
  19. E

SSG: Scrap Epic Destinies and Reaper trees to reduce lag by 90%

Could also be monster manual tracking updates or all the junk we hoarders have across our character banks and TR caches. Could be queries doing table scans. Which perform great on the internal testing servers, but cause major traffic accidents with production data. Could be...
  20. E

SSG, Please Fix Your Lag-Broken Game

Time to rebuild some indexes and partition some tables...