Search results

1. B

Strimtom's Hardcore Build Guides, Season 9

For for wizard/ek/shardar kai, why using vampire form vs. others? Is there a link where this has been discussed before? Thank you for the info and builds!
  2. B

Purchasing VIP for hardcore timing question

I'm getting my alt account a VIP subscription for hardcore season. Are there any one-time account/server benefits I should think about regarding the timing of the purchase? For example, any reason to delay the purchase a couple of days and do it while I am logged into the hc server?
  3. B

Shield Mastery for HP from heroic durability?

I read a comment pointing out that heroic durability provides additional hp for characters that select melee combat style feats such as shield mastery. My question: does the character need to be actually using a shield to get the benefit of the additional hp? For hardcore, I am planning to...
  4. B

DeathTitan Hive Master for Hardcore League

Why are you taking shield mastery but not using a shield? The equipment list shows you are using caster sticks in both hands. I am currently thinking of doing a blight caster for HC9, on free to play account, so will not have access to saltmarsh, feywild or dread isle. Will have access to...
  5. B

The 9th Season of the Hardcore League begins December 6th!

A +4 lockout means: If you are a level 5 character, you can run Borderlands quests, which are level 1.
  6. B

Crazy and Traitorous NPC Tactics

During hard core season, in water works (part where you find Arlos and lead him out), my hire ran full steam ahead, created red dungeon alert, and brought all the mobs back to me. I survived but my thumbs were shaking.
  7. B

Night Revels Ingredients obsolete now?

The night revels event is over. The vendor is gone. Are the night revels ingredients now useless?
  8. B

Obsolete Materials List?

Thanks for the input. Seems that these are safe to delete: Midwinter Recipes Melted Pieces of Darkest Chocolate Crumbling lost motes +3 and +5 enhancement spirits Ethereal keys Spectral keys Was hoping for bigger list!
  9. B

Obsolete Materials List?

I am looking for a list of obsolete materials, aka green and red bag items that I can safely delete, no longer used in game. Links to prior discussions if any would also be helpful. I have 453 different items, materials, ingredients in my shared storage account, and looking to remove the clutter.
  10. B

Strimtom's Hardcore Build Guides, Season 8

For Blightcaster, do you recommend respec all blightcaster tree and spells at 20?
  11. B

Froze in the lava

Humorous player comment in the chat. Running fire caves 3bc. get lag spike. screen is freezing. players says "i froze in the lava". makes total sense but shouldn't. that's the charm of ddo for sure.
  12. B

Chest ransack causing heartburn in hardcore

I finally got my bottle of smoke! It dropped on my second run after waiting a week. For future reference: "Gameplay" menu has checkbox for "Enable Detailed Chest Information" The "party" chat displayed this: (Loot): Chest Information: Quest Name: The Home of Memory Number of Times Looted...
  13. B

Chest ransack causing heartburn in hardcore

I've been stuck on level 5 for a week unable to advance while I wait for chest ransack timer to expire. Trying to get (need to get!) bottle of smoke from home of memory. I ransacked the chest to the point where it is empty and gives no items but bottle of smoke has not yet dropped. I have two...