Search results

1. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Most satisfying character action ingame

Quadruple assassinate. No idea if it is possible these days but used to goof around setting those up. Guess I showed up too early. No weekly code and monthly prize broken. *sigh* See you all next week!
  2. Sophie The Cat Burglar

TEACHING RAID NIGHT : SIGN- UP NOW !

When this discussion started, I was genuinely curious and interested. After a the first few responses, I knew it would never happen. Over the years, my personal experiences with raiding, in a half dozen games, were mediocre to terrible. The problem is almost never the game. A significant...
  3. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Are the Dice Rigged?

Wow. You people actually look at the dice? I throw the dice then do whatever the heck I feel like doing.
  4. Sophie The Cat Burglar

How many hours do you DDO a week?

Elminster, I wrote a long response to your two questions. It was bitter, futile, and unhelpful so I deleted it. There is already far too much unhappiness in these forums. My ultimate advice to all the good people at Standing Stone Games is that they should make the game they enjoy making...
  5. Sophie The Cat Burglar

How many hours do you DDO a week?

For a very long time, my yearly cycle is something like...play hard for one month...play moderately for one month...roll dice for one month...pursue other interests for 9 months. I am currently in the latter phase. DDO is still fun to play in small doses but in hindsight, the developers wrote...
  6. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Post a Bug, Get DDO points! A suggestion

Every so often, at random, the little bug transforms into a humongous monster, exclaims, "You will never exterminate me!", and kills the character. Then it turns back into a little bug pet and says, "*burp*".
  7. Sophie The Cat Burglar

TEACHING RAID NIGHT: SIGN-UP NOW!

If you go back to where he is standing, Elminster is still talking. You just need to wait and the door will open.
  8. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Suggestion: Spread boosts to Hirelings and summons to more Destiny trees.

The developers have stated many times that working on hire algorithms would require a massive time investment for an uncertain outcome. Based on how quickly Steelstar and Tonquin put together new trait trees, adding some new trait tree enhancements for hires seems like something easily within...
  9. Sophie The Cat Burglar

You couldn't stop me from buying a dragon mount that actually kills things

Malicia polymorphed into a land shark takes the expression 'maneater' to a whole 'nother level. Guys, if you see Malicia as a land shark I recommend running because she likes to eat dessert first. Also, I am not riding Malicia the land shark no matter how many times she exclaims, "But darling...
  10. Sophie The Cat Burglar

To be clear, I would use additional hire and summons enhancements, if possible, with or without permanent Gold Seal Hires. As an example, the tier 3 enhancement from Primal Avatar makes Luna strong enough to survive Ravenloft at Level 23 such that she provides constant, reliable healing. That...
  11. Sophie The Cat Burglar

crafting: material batch and socket engraving

I do not understand the suggestion.
  12. Sophie The Cat Burglar

1 HP reapers are back

Now this is a challenge setting I enthusiastically support! How do I turn it on?
  13. Sophie The Cat Burglar

All of my epic and legendary characters currently use the third tier Primal Avatar enhancement that makes hires stronger. If there were more hire focused epic enhancements within reach of my characters, I would definitely use them. All such enhancements need not be cumulative. If permanent...
  14. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Bound to Account Morninglord's Sceptre ?

Got it. Thanks. Was not looking forward to trying for that one. Was kinda thinkin I should make some kind of Level 29/30 equipment set for my wizards. Something for future runs from 30 to 40. In the old forums, someone designed a set for me that seemed pretty good. Started looking for the...
  15. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Bound to Account Morninglord's Sceptre ?

I ran Ravenloft a bunch of times to find Bound to Account Morninglord's Scepters for two of my wizards. The dungeon chest in A Raven at the Door tends to drop Morninglord weapons. I asked in the forums for a better option and was pointed at the fusible scepters from Beautiful Nightmares. That...
  16. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Hoping

Okay. How about this: Run the Ravenloft quest Into the Mists on any easy Heroic difficulty to gain access to the Ravenloft wilderness. Now enter the Heroic Ravenloft Wilderness (not Epic), go up the road to the trader guy, and pick up a free set of Barovian Handwraps. These may be decent...
  17. Sophie The Cat Burglar

You couldn't stop me from buying a dragon mount that actually kills things

Land Shark mount that eats Jeets in the Harbor.
  18. Sophie The Cat Burglar

Hoping

How about this plan: Run Heroic Swim at Your Own Risk for Crocodile Maw. Use the Saltmeadow Hay you find to upgrade it to Epic Crocodile Maw. Head over to Keep on the Borderlands and run those quests. As soon as you find an Epic Ethereal Ingot or Epic Silver Ingot, trade it for Epic Sworn...
  19. Sophie The Cat Burglar

DDO Bonus Days!

Just ransacked Saltmarsh wilderness with a character. Found something like 15 artifacts, 8 other named items, and two sentient experience thingys.