Search results

1. R

Loading screen & party chat bug

I can confirm I also do get the bug sometimes even when soloing
  2. R

What Three Things Do You Love Most about DDO?

Build diversity and reincarnation system
  3. R

how set augments work?

As @PersonMan mentioned, set augments require three separate items. In your case, to obtain the Esoterica set, you’ll need to acquire the Cloak of the Mountain (from the Killing Time raid) three times and slot them onto three separate items. However, it’s important to note that any pre-existing...
  4. R

Thursday May 2nd? No sales or weekend bonus today?

Both are appearing in the launcher, at least for me. The bonus: DDO Bonus Days bring you Champion Hunter Week and Double Commendations of Valor, now through May 8th! The sale, Get 25% off: Select Character Bank Space Select Shared Banks, Deposit Box, and Plat Storage Select Inventory Space...
  5. R

An expansion giveaway does not equal a discovery elixir

You've willingly ignored my points and haven't provided a rebuttal. It's futile to continue this discussion if my arguments are disregarded without consideration. It seems unlikely that we'll reach an agreement, given our differing perspectives. I believe that free is a sign of good will, and...
  6. R

Gaining immediate access to content and additional benefits from purchasing an expansion is not quite the same as someone who has waited years for a free code to finally experience it. It's not a fair comparison—the two experiences are worlds apart. The immediate access is a premium path, while...
  7. R

VIPs receiving additional perks and monthly giveaways is a gesture of gratitude. It’s important to recognize that ‘free’ means just that—no strings attached. If the offerings don’t appeal to you, it’s okay to pass them by. Providing free expansions to free-to-play users is a strategy to expand...
  8. R

You mentioned that SSG rewards patience, but I highlighted the immediate perks of purchasing an expansion. It seems you've sidestepped that point. While you discuss the nuances of influencing behavior—a commendable professional focus—this situation is straightforward. It's not about...
  9. R

Imagine a party where the punch is free, but the VIPs get an express lane to the bowl. It might seem unfair, but isn't it just smart hosting? The big spenders might keep the lights on, but even the wallflowers help fill the room. As for the loot boosts, think of them as party favors. Sure...
  10. R

No there's a different program specifically designed to enhance VIP benefits. As for the monthly giveaways, they may serve as incentives. The rationale could be to draw in new players or retain existing ones, but the exact motives can only be speculated.
  11. R

Are you willing to wait months or even years to access the latest content? While it's true that some content is eventually given away for free to those who prefer not to spend money, this comes at the cost of a significant delay. Purchasing expansions not only grants immediate access but also...
  12. R

The monthly giveaways are not part of the subscription plan; therefore, yes, they are free. If you don't think you're getting your money worth when you pay for VIP, then fine, but that's a whole different topic that is not relevant to this subject. I'm not really sure what your point was.
  13. R

End game DPS

I feel this is a very badly translated paragraph ??!
  14. R

The player base of this game exhibits a peculiar sense of entitlement. If the argument is that better marketing is needed, one could counter that offering a free expansion pack is an effective strategy to draw in more players. "I'm more concerned when the items I purchase don't seem to justify...
  15. R

It's a free gift.... ? Imagine complaining about something that's free
  16. R

Which expansion to get?

Just to clarify, getting the most recent expansion means isle of dread as Vecna is not included in the code.
  17. R

Which expansion to get?

Isle of dread is the most expensive and is pretty much a must for endgame gear
  18. R

speaking of bad RNG...

I haven't ran that quest in ages but I've had it drop in the past not sure if the drop rate has changed or what
  19. R

PDK + Dragon Lord, most ideal?

It makes you look buff