Search results

1. ChaoticNecromancer

[DCWizard] Damage the enemy if he is immune to compulsion/death in PK/FoD/WotB/Wreid & Hold/Dominate monster

DC Wizards in single player D&D adaptations is incredible powerful. I soloed BG2:EE in Legacy of Bhaal difficulty as an necromancer ( my run ) Having about 60% of OHK chance against even the toughest bosses of the game. In DDO is different. Almost every boss is immune to insta death effects...
  2. ChaoticNecromancer

Archmage capstone SLA depending on the school.

Other thing. Why DC casters so much worse than pure Damage casters notably sorc and alchemist? Because DC works against trash mobs. Damage works against everything. By having stuff like "greater finger of death" which damages the enemy if he is immune and can be used in red mobs, DC casters if...
  3. ChaoticNecromancer

Buff PM capstone too. Problem solved. Make the greater death aura even better.
  4. ChaoticNecromancer

PM capstone gives a amazing aura that can heal the PC for hundreds of points every few seconds. Would be cool if Archmage capstone gave a similar ability depending on the school. just like PM capstone is a "greater" version of death aura, would be cool if Archmages got greater version of other...
  5. ChaoticNecromancer

Make unholy avatar(PM enchantment) dispel deathward neg immunity by the love of Myrkul. Or make it like energy protection.

I can play this game as a thiefling with a demoniac pact(warlock), I can play this game as a dark apostate, can literally become a demon with Fiendish Symbiosis(acolyte of the skin). Well, you can also be a illusionist. I don't think that there is any R4+ viable Wiz builds that aren't...
  6. ChaoticNecromancer

Make unholy avatar(PM enchantment) dispel deathward neg immunity by the love of Myrkul. Or make it like energy protection.

Yep. Some people think that "but higher DC", well, damage works against every enemy. DC only against some. And even if deathward immunity is changed to work like other immunities, Necromancers would't outdps sorc or alchemist.
  7. ChaoticNecromancer

Force Necromancer. Viable? To bypass the awful deathward?

Which Epic Destiny do you recommend for force necro?
  8. ChaoticNecromancer

Red wizards of thay pack

I agree. And a red wizard of thay wizard iconic character.
  9. ChaoticNecromancer

Force Necromancer. Viable? To bypass the awful deathward?

I love necromancy BUT in this game, there is a thing called Deathward. No elemental protection spell can absorb infinite amount of energy, most of them absorb 12*cl elemental damage. But any low level cleric with it can be hit with as much necrotic energy as the negative energy plane and walk as...
  10. ChaoticNecromancer

Disjunction worth using against traps for extra XP in some quests. But yes, in therms of removing buffs is worthless. and in P&P D&D, it can remove magic from magical items and artifacts. "and each permanent magic item must make a successful Will save or be turned into a normal item. An item in...
  11. ChaoticNecromancer

Argo just crashed

Only to explain the outcome. I just could click in reincarnate and this time not with a ugly char. Finally.
  12. ChaoticNecromancer

Nope because you can quickly cast another spell. For example, negative energy burst + Necrotic Blast can hit the enemy faster than they rebuff.
  13. ChaoticNecromancer

Epic level Sorcerers can burn Efreets to ashes, alchemists also can bypass every form of immunity but a mere tier 3 spell, which any low level nobody can cast with a scroll can make the caster immune to as much necrotic energy as there is in the negative energy plane. That is nonsensical and...
  14. ChaoticNecromancer

Argo just crashed

Any info about what will happen with characters who was reincarnating in middle of the server crash? Will I lose my char? And/or my paid item? I tried to google info about it but nothing. Screenshot bellow to prove what happened. I putted a lot of money in my Argo char. And reincarnated 3x with...
  15. ChaoticNecromancer

Argo just crashed

I also an interested in the outcome. I don't wanna to lose what I paid for and/or have to play with a very ugly char again... I think that I rolled 3 in my irl lucky character creation. :sad: edit : logged in another char and my char still has in transaction history the purchase.
  16. ChaoticNecromancer

Argo just crashed

I was reincarnating, in middle of character (re)creation and ... Game crashed. Argo is down. Any chance that I will have to play with a ugly character AGAIN!??? In my last life, I sadly missclicked twice in next and ended creating a very ugly char. Please. What will happen? And I also brought...
  17. ChaoticNecromancer

Rework Sorcerer trees

Again, depends on the wizard and edition. I wanna play as an necromancer, illusionist, shadowcaster, being the jhack of trades, master of none don't fell interesting for me. You talked about 5e, in 5e you need to pick an specialization, sure, it changes much less than in 2e, but you can't be...
  18. ChaoticNecromancer

Rework Sorcerer trees

I know, but there are ways to deal with them. For example, use Melf's minute meteors instead of fireball but in general, casters in 2e where much weaker than in 3.5e/pf1e. They also need to find scrolls to learn any spell no spell are given on level up, you can get into lv 12 and have zero tier...
  19. ChaoticNecromancer

Rework Sorcerer trees

Wizards can be generalist in P&P but they can also specialize a lot. One magic user subclass in AD&D 2e -> Player's Option - Spells & Magic - Page 33 What kills wiz is that sorc gets much more from their specialization. For eg, my water savant with all cores can strip any immunity and gets +6...