Search results

1. W

A thread about weapons and shield types.

Hi all. I'd like to discuss different weapons and shields and what is generally used today in comparison to before and some weapons and shields that are more or less never used. Another part to this is if there is a way to make some weapons and shields more useful in the game or if there is...
  2. W

Change to "special abilities", like trip etc.

Hi. To make cross class builds more interesting and have "special abilities" be more useful on higher difficulties I'd suggest that ALL abilities have a change of x stat to characters highest stat. Example: For Imroved trip it says: (DC 14 + STR mod) this would then be changed to (DC 14 +...
  3. W

Damage avoidance and mitigations question.

Hi. Does AC, PRR, MRR, Dodge, Fortification, Incorporiality and Concealment not work properly? To clarify: On my monk (level 31) I have 136 AC, 161 Fort, 143 PRR, 70 MRR, 35% dodge (46% effective), 15 % Incorp and 20 Conceal that occasionally increases to 50 or 60% outside of reaper. Despite...
  4. W

Customization options.

Hi. The reason for this post is to adress an issue I have seen but also expand on more optimization options that people would like to see. My 2 customization changes I would like to see will be adressed below. No 1: This one is to adress the "circle through enemies" using the Tab button. I...
  5. W

The lore of DnD and implementation into DDO.

I was doing the Stormhorns wilderness area and it got me thinking about dragons in DDO. Specificly the dragons in Forgotten Realm (or Eveningstar and the other areas we get to visit) vs dragons in Eberron. As far as I can remember I havn't seen any green dragons in Eberron and I havn't seen any...
  6. W

Epic TR suggestion.

When I TR'd my lev 30 Dragonlord to make a new Dragonlord life on that character I forgot to do the ETR before the HTR. This was a honest misstake but it did "put a hamper" on the gameplay to a little degree because every time I go to play that character I'm reminded of the very fact that I...
  7. W

A change to damage type for Warlocks.

Hi. Now this is going to ruffle some feathers, of that I'm sure. There are monsters that get healed by certain elemental damage (Iron golems gets healed by fire, the acis stone elementals in acid wit gets healed from acid and then there are some that gets buffed by some, like the flesh golems...
  8. W

Is DDO an rpg or an Arpg or a mix of both?

Hi. To clarify my question a bit this game is different to playing PnP. To me this is more of an ARPG and for that reason I have some issues with the dice roll system. If you roll a 1 on a to hit dice you always miss wich I don't like (especially in those occasions when you fight a...
  9. W

Making the game more "new player" friendly.

Hi. I already know that what I'm about to suggest here is going to stir up some negativity but I'll post it anyway. Since this game had been around for such a long time there is going to be a "gap" between new players and "old timers" with triple completionist and all gear (except for maybe...
  10. W

Werewolf item

I would like a piece of gear for the razorclaw shifter and ordinary shifter that transform you into a werewolf. Like the Aspect of the wild hunt hood from dryad raid changes you to look like a fey hunt hound if you're a druid and take wolf form. I would like it to be tied to your shifts so when...
  11. W

Eye of the beholder 1 and 2

Anyone played these old games? I played them on my old Amiga back in the day and quite frankly loved them. Don't remember if i ever finished part 2 though but still. I wonder if these adventures could be made into quest chains and if people would be interested in it? Not sure if there is like...
  12. W

Do you think DDO would loose something if it was upgraded graphically?

Just like to hear what ppl think about this. For a game that is this old it doesm't look all that bad imo and if we say that the whole game was to be redone graphically to be state of the art graphics for the latest hardware out there I actually think it would loose some of it's charm...
  13. W

A small change to Shadar-Kai?

The Dragonlord have a tier 4 enhancement called: Untouchabel Soul (You have Displacement, giving opponents a 50% chance to miss you due to concealment. This cannot be dispelled.). This is a permanent buff. Shadar-Kai have a tier 3 racial enhancment that gives them displacement as a SLA that...
  14. W

A suggestion to the Heroic incarnation.

Even though I have played this game (on and off) for 15+ years I have never gotten completionist. My first years I struggled with the game and didn't really understand how to properly level characters which made me tire of playing especially when back then there were lots of ppl that didn't want...
  15. W

About the tumble changes, here's my take on it :D

I only found out about the experimental tumbling recently so I'm not too bothered with the new changes. If it was up to me I would have made it a bit different. For starters I would have made the jump skill (only) determine how you tumble (jump score of 20 enables the jump forward and then roll...