Search results

1. TavernTails

The lore of DnD and implementation into DDO.

In Eberron, drow are quite different from those in the Forgotten Realms. They are descendants of eladrin enslaved by the giants during the Age of Giants. After the giant civilization was destroyed, the drow remained on Xen'drik, where they settled the jungles and ruins of their former masters...
  2. TavernTails

The lore of DnD and implementation into DDO.

There are Green Dragons in Epic Gianthold in Eberron. I don't think we have seen blue dragons on the Eveningstar side, but my memory could be wrong. While statistically they are the same, their lore is very different between the different settings. In Eberron, dragons are one of the oldest...
  3. TavernTails

TavernTails' Tidbits of D&D History

The 1982 D&D Movie that never was... and be thankful. On the May 14th DDOstream trivia game, we asked, "What Academy Award winning screeenwriter did Gary Gygax tap in 1982 to write a script for a D&D movie?" (Answer: James Goldman, who won an Oscar for The Lion in Winter in 1968) Which led me...
  4. TavernTails

TavernTails' Tidbits of D&D History

Jack Scruby: Pioneer of D&D Miniatures One of the D&D trivia questions from Tuesday night's DDOstream was " Whose fantasy miniatures were advertised for use with D&D in the back of the original 1974 booklets?" There were lots of good guesses, but no one guessed... Jack Scruby Miniatures...
  5. TavernTails

Suggestion: Raising Hirelings from the dead safely

Insult? ;) /Microsoft_Tay has entered the chat
  6. TavernTails

I tried to use her in a stream last week, and someone said she was named because "Wyoh why would you hire her?!?!?" Wish I could credit them, but I am old and have slept since then ;)
  7. TavernTails

Correct. When you know every quest like the back of your hand, you can be more flexible. I tend to park healing hirelings at the door when I "solo", and bring them to me on a 'break glass when needed' emergency basis only. But in Vecna Unleashed, I have twice (under different circumstances) had...
  8. TavernTails

That certainly sounds easier to code (glances at the awesome SSG dev team). Even allowing them to teleport to you when dead doesn't seem like much of an abusable feature. It just seems that if revisiting the AI isn't part of the immediate development plans due to higher priorities, a simple...
  9. TavernTails

With hireling AI sometimes being... creative... as it relates to standing in traps, acid pits, etc, it is often impossible to raise them from the dead without considerable risks to yourself. I mean, while diving in a lava or acid pit, fishing for a soul stone *IS* something you can tell your...
  10. TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia w/TavernTails on DDOSTREAM

We're returning to Dungeons and Dragons Online trivia for the next two weeks (4/16 and 4/23). All questions will be based directly on the game itself, including characters, magic, history, monsters, Eberron lore, and quests. Bring your DDO knowledge to compete at https://twitch.tv/ddostream on...
  11. TavernTails

TavernTails CHARITY STREAM Sunday, April 7, 2024

$375 raised - thanks to everyone who participated!
  12. TavernTails

TavernTails CHARITY STREAM Sunday, April 7, 2024

One year ago, your TavernTails host fostered a super sick, super small pup named Tinkerbell, or as she grew to be known on stream, World's Cutest Puppy. After a long recovery, she interned as Co-Host and eventually became a part of the TavernTails pack. In honor of Tink and the shelter that...
  13. TavernTails

Compensation

If they tried to make another component work in substitution and then received the actual part overnight on Monday, yes, it is reasonable. Without vendor maintenance contracts for support and parts, they could have been at the mercy of a supplier. Again, just speculation...
  14. TavernTails

Too many crafting systems!

Same. I just dump everything into the Crafting Storage tab by dragging my bags over there regularly. With the new search bar, I can find anything just by typing a few letters.
  15. TavernTails

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

You may be correct. While I am glad to hypothesize, I don't want to speculate and have someone say, " Hey, THE TUESDAY DDOSTREAM GUY SAID THEIR SERVERS WERE HOSTED IN SOME DUDE'S BASEMENT!!1!!" For the record, I did not (lol). I just hope they've been able to get some sleep during all this. I...
  16. TavernTails

This is what has me curious. I have run data centers for a large outsourcer and currently host servers in two major data center providers. There is SO much redundancy before the power gets to the servers, I cannot fathom how this occurred. I feel for the engineers and developers, for I have...
  17. TavernTails

DDO Launcher Acting Weird

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/ddo-unavailable-saturday-march-30th.10366/
  18. TavernTails

DDO Launcher Acting Weird

Game is down now - has been for about 15 hours.
  19. TavernTails

I suspect it is significant. The flip side is that sometimes the security and hardware investments your department has warned leadership about for years suddenly get funded after incidents like this. For example, I proposed redundancy to a critical environment for years at a former job, and it...