Search results

1. calouscaine

I'll check it out, thanks!

I'll check it out, thanks!
  2. calouscaine

The devs have asked before, over the years, but listening isn't something that's happened...

The devs have asked before, over the years, but listening isn't something that's happened before. Still, will all the bugs reported all over the place with the pack. . .I can't bring myself to buy it. . .I'd rather buy something that works and will be more worth my time then having to dump even...
  3. calouscaine

Buying character slots?

I certainly wish you the best of luck, mhm.
  4. calouscaine

Yeah, I miss the good old days with mabinogi. . .had a good group for my guild too. . .they...

Yeah, I miss the good old days with mabinogi. . .had a good group for my guild too. . .they totally laughed at me when I killed a unicorn with a taming cane. . . Currently I'm spending my money else where, guild wars 2. . .the cosmetics and graphics are 100 times better, though the story leaves...
  5. calouscaine

Buying character slots?

That's pretty amazing. . .honestly. I find it hard to even get a real response from ssg support, on any matter other than the generic 'it's your problem, deal with it' sort of thing. Which is what I've gotten for years 9/10 times when having an issue.
  6. calouscaine

Lets play a game: You are producer of DDO for 1 day!

1.) Send all of the coders on the dev team to supplementary classes on programming. (Actual programming, not that visual scripting junk) 2.) Remove the da system. 3) Implement a worthwhile vip rewards program with loyalty tiers in addition to regular vip monthly rewards - i.e. getting rewards...
  7. calouscaine

So. . .population is down to half of what it was in may according to some tracking charts. ...

So. . .population is down to half of what it was in may according to some tracking charts. . .moving the average daily player count from 3663 to 2241. . .starting to think that some people might be right about the game dying. Though to be honest. . .it's not really a surprise. . .for a number of...
  8. calouscaine

Buying character slots?

Could be something broken, I've been noticing things which have already been purchased have been showing in the store (prior to this recent update mind), so I just stopped buying anything - since the idea of getting a refund is rather. . .well, it won't happen.
  9. calouscaine

heads up if you're using the new Machrotechnic ED on non-artificers

You know, at this point I'm not even surprised that it's broken.
  10. calouscaine

Vecna Unleashed is now available to pre-purchase!

Hrm. . .not sure I can bring myself to pay for the top tier. . .or even the lower tier for this. . .the last two were so over priced and atrocious that it seems more like a waste of money to me. Especially when it probably won't even work correctly when it goes live.
  11. calouscaine

I was really into mabinogi once, though I've heard mabinogi has kinda gone down hill over the...

I was really into mabinogi once, though I've heard mabinogi has kinda gone down hill over the past few years. The reincarnation system on that game was leagues better than what ddo has. So was the crafting/harvest system (mabinogi). It was really anime ish though graphically, they came out with...
  12. calouscaine

Ever wonder how "fiscal irresponsibility" looks?

Being retired and having extra money, I use to spend quite a bit playing this game. . .not so much any more. I'll pay for boosts, cosmetics, and so forth. . .but I won't dump in money to a gocha or gambling deal, which is what ddo is becoming. Besides, their prices have become too absurd of...
  13. calouscaine

Ever wonder how "fiscal irresponsibility" looks?

Just going to post the definition. . .incase anyone wants to know what fiscal irresponsibility means. . .I'm sure some already do, but just for gp Fiscal is used to describe something that relates to government money or public money, especially taxes. If you describe someone as irresponsible...
  14. calouscaine

I keep being told to stop using charms even before kills = xp update.

Isn't there a cancel bit, in feats, to dismiss charms? Pretty sure there is.
  15. calouscaine

Spells, attacks, heals, buffs etc. should scale with character level not class level.

This makes sense, though, I would argue that some 'class' based skills really shouldn't be. Not sure when things such as open lock or disable became a rogue only thing at least in D&D, is it like that in 5e now? I know with 3.5 they were trained only skills, meaning they had to have invested...
  16. calouscaine

My suggestion & bug log

I have a pretty urgent suggestion and request, though it's for the forums, not the game it self. Stop allowing phishing scams and cons to be posted on the ddo official forums!
  17. calouscaine

Change to Dungeon Alert

It has been, multiple times. But I doubt it will be done. Pretty sure ddo might be a sinking ship, the question is only how long will we continue to enjoy it. . .or slog through it until the journey is over.
  18. calouscaine

Spells, attacks, heals, buffs etc. should scale with character level not class level.

" Practiced Spellcaster ( Complete Divine, p. 82) [General] Choose a spellcasting class that you possess. Your spells cast from that class are more powerful. Prerequisite Spellcraft 4 ranks, Benefit Your caster level for the chosen spellcasting class increases by +4. This can't increase your...
  19. calouscaine

Change to Dungeon Alert

I imagine the idea is to try and get people to slow down in dungeons, if one of the devs could chime in on what the specific goal is then the debate could switch to trying to find some methods which might achieve what ever their goal is as a whole. If it's something as simple as kill mobs, then...
  20. calouscaine

Change to Dungeon Alert

Yeah, I encounter this quite often. The alert will just get stuck, so even though I don't zerg and typically try to kill everything in a dungeon the motivation behind that behavior never has been and never will be to get rid of da, simply because more often than not of late it won't even go...