Search results

1. M

Force Necromancer. Viable? To bypass the awful deathward?

more or less it's trying to get any source you can for neg spell power / USP. for equipment, I have 4 piece autumn set from feywild (gives 6% universal crit chance for 4 piece bonus) ; 3 piece leg. dreadkeeper (best set in game for pale master) dino ring with 35% spell crit most of my...
  2. M

Need Help Prioritizing and Calculating Ranged Damage Modifiers

thanks for the replies - keep em coming. I decided to reroll into pure Ranger.. The DWS capstone is too good to miss out on, as well as Tier5. I tried HW before, it's nice - but too many perks in the tree that IDGAF about, that aren't directly related to damage - i.e. haste and DD core, misty...
  3. M

Need Help Prioritizing and Calculating Ranged Damage Modifiers

Been a while since I made a ranged toon. Last time I built one a few years back, I tried to maximize total damage output using a combination of Sneak Attack, Base Damage, Spell Power, Ranged Power, Doubleshot, and Seeker/Crit Confirmation/etc. I asked Chat GP to give me some insight on how the...
  4. M

Force Necromancer. Viable? To bypass the awful deathward?

To each their own... depends on your build, equipment, etc. I ALWAYS link my mantle to Neg energy, To me, that's the key for (my build) to run high reaper. I've stated many times that I don't find a problem with immune mobs, deathward, etc. Very rarely i'll have to cast arcane tempest or acid...
  5. M

ED's for PM

Never had a problem with death ward in any quests.... I know what the description says.. but you honestly thing SSG gives a rat's behind about bugs? They are too busy churning out new content to appease the whales...
  6. M

Wizard Pale Master Build for Solo Play

for the first time, I can't disagree with you here..
  7. M

ED's for PM

please don't put words in my mouth. At no point did I state that my pm is the only way to be a pm. Your sarcasm is also noted. It's ok I don't take offence. I personally find that it's easier to build a pm for dps then to chase DCS.. Many people that try out for the first time being a pm could...
  8. M

Again, I agree with most of what you said.. We may butt heads on the ' too many mobs immune to neg energy ', but other than that, like I said to each their own.. My DCS are really not too great on my pm... I think maybe 95 necro and 87 enchantment... but I don't do instakills.. As for focusing...
  9. M

ED's for PM

That's exactly what you are doing! i'm not trying to refute 90% of what you are saying Lazuli, but I think you love to argue for the sake of arguing. Although you articulated yourself nicely in that long reply, I just want to make the point that you often post things based on your own personal...
  10. M

everything you said here I agree with EXCEPT this: Not true at all... Although, i'll admit that some casters can tip the scales and potentially do more damage due to arcane epic past live criticals, you forget or fail to mention that no other spell has even close to the insightful lore that...
  11. M

many mobs are also immune to fire/acid/cold as well... VERY few mobs are literally immune to negative energy, for those handful that are, you have lots of options : Arcane Tempest, GShout, Cyclone, Acid Well.. etc... I can run 90% of the content without having to resort to using anything other...
  12. M

ED's for PM

Look, I call a spade a spade. I'm hoping people on this forum have thick enough skin that they can handle being told they are given bad advise. I stand behind what I said. No offence, but I don't need a lecture on etiquette. I call it how it is. If you tried negative and didn't like it maybe...
  13. M

ED's for PM

Lazuli... you are right about one thing, my view is very narrow.. Building a proper PM doesn't leave much room for error. The dev's have not given the same love to PM as other casters - i.e. Master of the dead still broken after 6 years, certain mobs don't adhere to unholy avatar (i.e thrall of...
  14. M

Also consider going pure wizard... A PM's greatest asset is their capstone. Having 2 Auras and 300 Neg Amp allows me to survive doing Epic R8's and Leg. R4's.. Lots of builds can so traps
  15. M

Don't waste 2 feats on those. Focus on Neg Spell Power 1st, Spell Lore 2nd (mostly to crit your auras and slas), Spell Crit 3rd, and Neg Amp 4th. You can get ALL the damage you need from Following that formula, and using Gloom Spear from MotE and Upgraded Dragon Breath (4 dots of neg energy and...
  16. M

ED's for PM

No offence to any of the poster's that replied, but their advice is pure garbage.. Not sure they even read the title of your post.. PM stands for Pale Master. No need for EA, PA, or any of that crap. A properly built PM doesn't need Rejuvenation, Cocoon, or any other secondary healing...
  17. M

Types of Spell Lore?

thanks for the advice Praetor.... Some things I must consider... but I think Dragonsoul filigree/set bonus would be way better.. 2 Pieces: -5% Spell Cooldowns 3 Pieces: +5% Spell Critical Damage 4 Pieces: -5% Spell Cooldowns 5 Pieces: +5% Spell Critical Damage Also could get back 14 USP as Well!
  18. M

Types of Spell Lore?

never took algebra in High school.. but with the math nerd crunching, seems to be negligible....
  19. M

Types of Spell Lore?

Not even close.. 1000 NSP +85% crit = 1850 950 NSP + 90% crit = 1805 Edit: Realized just now you were referring to % chance to crit vs NSP... I still prefer to crit slightly less often but for more damage - especially using Wellspring of Power
  20. M

Types of Spell Lore?

Elemental Avatar filis is a waste for my build as I have 13 filigree slots and 10 of those are filled with Neg spell power or USP, and the other 3 are negative amp. To have an extra 5% from Elemental Avatar would be nice, but not worth losing all that extra damage I would be getting from the...