Max Caster level

drjoans

kinda-known member
So this life I'm a blue Dragonborn stormsinger. I just hit 18 and was expecting the max caster level to now increase to +3 since I had +2 already from the dragonborn enhancement
Draconic Knowledge.png Draconic Knowledge: +1 Caster Level and +2 Max Caster Level with the element spell associated with selected Draconic Ancestry.
  • Note: "Draconic Knowledge: Blue" improves sonic spells as well.

The stormsinger core enhancement at 18:

Enhanced Bolt III: Whenever your Lightning Strike goes off, the enemy is Frozen with no save for 3 seconds. +1 Caster Level and Max Caster Level with Sonic and Electric spells.

I now have the +2 caster level from both being added together but the max caster is not +3 as I would expect.

Is it not supposed to stack?.... does that mean the capstone wont stack either on max caster?

drjoans

kinda-known member
Lightning bolt: caster level 20(capped at 12 by max caster level)
Ball Lightning: capped at 17 by max caster level
Sonic blast: capped at 10 by max caster level

etc

would expect all of those to be up by one more with the 18 core

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I just checked on my stormsinger, it's not that they don't stack it's that core 18 is broken and not giving +1 MCL.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Taking core 18 just increases CL not MCL. So simply bugged.
ZuU3dCn.jpeg

jQMI7fz.jpeg

drjoans

kinda-known member
yeah I figured it was bugged, didn't see anything on the wiki about it so wasn't sure it was just me or what

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We only just got that MCL hover-over info an update or two ago, so no one probably had a clue until now.

drjoans

kinda-known member
you woulda had to check combat logs i guess....

actually I just tried to pull up the combat log and see.

did they change it so you don't see what caster level things are being cast at?

I checked my gameplay and ui settings and didn't have anything selected to not show caster level but I'm not seeing it in log.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Adjusted MCL never displayed anywhere before. It showed CL in the combat logs but it was semi-meaningless as you never knew what the MCL was; so while you might see CL30 in the log, the spell could've been capped at MCL5. Until the recent update, the only way to know MCL was to do pocket math on every spell (and hope the abilities like that core 18 were actually working).

drjoans

kinda-known member
Just took 20 and took the capstone in stormsinger just to see, and it also does not increase the max caster level

drjoans

kinda-known member
unspecc'd my dragonborn tree just to see if it was cause they didn't stack and now I have no increase to my max caster level whatsoever