Artificer sets and docents: "we don't design for existing builds"

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I am obviously misquoting here on purpose but that's how it feels. Sometimes I think that the designers of this game just hate some builds and do everything they can to build "around" aka avoid existing established builds. These are often not even the best builds around but that's more telling about designer knowledge around the actual powerfull builds. More specifically, LACK thereof.

Most recent example is the artificer set not having a docent. In the past the 'experiment' set also didn't have a docent whereas the 'necro' and 'sonic' set did have docents. Is this done on purpose to "shadowban" warforged artificers? Are warforged artificers supposed to be too strong and deserve targeted attention?

Yeah yeah I know dinocrafting is the way to go for end game but we are using that as an answer to everything gear related instead of looking at what appears to me to be a very specific problem. I am using warforged artificers as an example, god knows it's not the only "build" that seems to be getting hate. Heck, I'm sure people will be glad to speak about how gear appears to be targeted to avoid their own build all the time.

Reactions: DBZ

DBZ

You know it the beatings will continue until morale improves new sets op as hell for new players

Melee and ranged