Backstabbing in PVP

Levina

Presently the mechanics for pvp do not permit rogues the same finesse and functionality that dungeons do as many players have well over 150% fortification by the time they head into the pits. Many other classes also rely on backstab for damage but for Rogues this is their bread and butter. Any changes to PVP at all i would personally put on the Low Priority or Extremely Low Priority list right next to new colors for Reaper cloaks or something else equally cosmetic due to the relevancy of PVP to the game generally. Even so, trying to backstab a 350%+ fortification warlock many years ago (a very specific one on Argonnessen, you might know what its name is...) resulted in absolutely no backstabs no matter what i did (shiv did not help, bluff did not help, and that level 6 assassin core did not help - i forgot its name). This is why a while back i asked for the rogue assassin level 6 core to gain fortification removal per level (and per epic level) so that my little knife swinger could participate in the big boy fun time. I do not know if you did anything with the Sneak Dice bypassing fortification as i have had a lot going on in life.

Praun

1000% agree.

It's silly exceptions like this, and the fact that many spells won't work in the PvP area, that nobody uses this feature anymore.

If this were a real Player vs. Player area, all of a charaters abilities and spells would function properly.

As long as the only ones who aren't gimped are melee toons, the PvP area will remain a ghost town.

adamkatt

Pvp will always be an afterthought for ddo. does anyone remember how flesh to stone used to work? you could fil the lobster with statues.. people would log off and log back in and still be stuck.. yes making a statue forrest in the lobster was the last time i had fun pvping in ddo.

Pvp will always be an afterthought for ddo. does anyone remember how flesh to stone used to work? you could fil the lobster with statues.. people would log off and log back in and still be stuck.. yes making a statue forrest in the lobster was the last time i had fun pvping in ddo.
Hated it

HoopleHead

Lobster used to be home to the most insane mosh-pit experience... you could find regulars testing the newest exploit or combo... was always active.....
... then came the mass deletes & bans.... *sigh*

Cmecu

The only kind of fun pvp in this game is naked pvp same class, just duking it out, freshly made level 1's no gear. nothing. No running to bank to equip some level 1 gear.. Or I guess you could have something like that.. either naked, or level 1 gear only. Would be interesting.

But I guess the fairest thing would be everyone makes a level 1 fighter or barb, or monk etc.. anything melee class, no spells. and just duke it out.