Barb/Ranger mix.

Dman1970

Ok, I seem to like to try odd builds. I am planning on this toon to be at level 20 18 barb/6 ranger. I get TWF and improved TWF for free. If I take bastard sword, and THF, (which I tested with a throw away human fighter, you CAN take TWF AND THF at the same time.) will the strike through bonuses of THF applied to bastard sword stack with TWF? If so, it should be a fun build. Any thoughts? I could take all three THF, ITHF, GTHF, and GTWF, and it should be solid damage.

unbongwah

will the strike through bonuses of THF applied to bastard sword stack with TWF?
No, bastard swords and dwarven axes only get Strikethrough when single-wielded. Although in theory the passive Strikethrough bonuses from Angry Arms + Mad Munitions should carry over to Dance of Death while it's active.

Dude

Ok, I seem to like to try odd builds. I am planning on this toon to be at level 20 18 barb/6 ranger. I get TWF and improved TWF for free. If I take bastard sword, and THF, (which I tested with a throw away human fighter, you CAN take TWF AND THF at the same time.) will the strike through bonuses of THF applied to bastard sword stack with TWF? If so, it should be a fun build. Any thoughts? I could take all three THF, ITHF, GTHF, and GTWF, and it should be solid damage.
Level 20 with 18 barb and 6 ranger? I'm not great at math, but isn't that 24?

Refutor

the way to do barbarian/ranger is 8 barbarian/12 dark hunter and play it THF. get the extra crit range from deepwood sniper, get extra double multiplier from frenzied berserker and extra melee power on kill (only bonus of its kind) from dark hunter tree. heroic this is great with an SOS, have not tried it at cap (assume it doesn't work). especially good for a THF character looking to get dark hunter lives for the extra sneak attack.