Bound Stone of Heroic Experience

magearnia

I just started playing DDO with the recent quest pack giveaways (have played LOTRO for years). I started leveling a character I intend to reincarnate repeatedly, but then read about having a character at level cap that can farm resources for reincarnating - I've started that character which is now level three. My understanding is that being a first life, using the Bound Stone of Heroic Experience from the Isle of Dread expansion will give this character enough XP to go to level 20. Will I be forced to go straight to level 20? Or will I be able to just go to level 19 for now, so that I can do still do heroic quests for favor and gear? Thanks.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Most people tend to wait for their 3rd+ life to use it, as that stone + 50% XP pot will take you almost to 20 even with the extra XP requirements, and it's overkill for a 1st lifer. But if you want to use it now, go for it. It just gives the XP, you don't have to level up and can park at 19 if you really want to, but there's no real reason to. Heroic quests aren't locked out by being in epics, you can still every heroic quest in the game on elite without issue.

edit: and if you're making a character to just park at cap to farm gear for your main then you might consider using an iconic race; as that'll start you at level 15 and make it easy to just level up normally to cap.

Reactions: dur

Bogrot

Just for interest, you still get xp for elite lvl12 heroic quests at lvl20, heroic lvl 13 elite quests at lvl21 etc. I run the Vecna chain (lvl18) when at lvl21 and run it on reaper difficulty (solo).

If going for the 5k favour reward it can be a great way of amassing favour whilst still getting xp.

I agree with another poster - use the heroic stone on your third life as you will storm through the first two lives.

BTW - always run the epic quests that give tokens of the 12, that way your TR is free.

Br4d

Also, do not do an Iconic character if you want to quickly TR at 20 to get 2nd and 3rd life and class benefits. If you do an Iconic you must go to 30 before doing any TR and that is a looooong journey for most new players.

DBZ

Itrs are better streamlined for leveling then heroics

And epics let you open elites why who knows

PraetorPlato

Lockout @ 29?-30 for Epic (> Legendary) across the board. :( ..unless U66 changed that.. :coffee:
No lockout, just no xp. Can still do them just fine at cap.

EDIT—that's not a joke-OP explicitly is asking about favor and gear, which you can get just fine at cap.

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
My toon cannot reach level 34.. CharacterCreature Rating.. I've seen CR 44 mobs but my toon is 32. Where do I go to gain levels?

PraetorPlato

My toon cannot reach level 34.. CharacterCreature Rating.. I've seen CR 44 mobs but my toon is 32. Where do I go to gain levels?
That would be player level 34, you need to wait a few months for that. It will honestly probably not be a huge change.

• Haha
Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I just started playing DDO with the recent quest pack giveaways (have played LOTRO for years). I started leveling a character I intend to reincarnate repeatedly, but then read about having a character at level cap that can farm resources for reincarnating - I've started that character which is now level three. My understanding is that being a first life, using the Bound Stone of Heroic Experience from the Isle of Dread expansion will give this character enough XP to go to level 20. Will I be forced to go straight to level 20? Or will I be able to just go to level 19 for now, so that I can do still do heroic quests for favor and gear? Thanks.
Notes from Wayfinder, another 'benefactor' of those stones, after an infarction, they take you to 20. The Epic one takes you to 30. But you do not have to immediately take those levels unless you Lesser/Heroic restore.

Continue to Epic ONLY if you want to goto Legendary. If on Wayfinder, DO NOT EAT 30 stone (or do :p). Farm Tokens of Twelve to 20 and get True Heart of Wood for TR. Get back to CR20, then decide if you want to do it again or advance to Epic.