Bug?

Hudo

So I recently TR'd into an alchemist and was trying to use the 'inflict damage' spells but when entering a quest/targeting an undead with those spells they don't work. Even the SLA from apothecary seems to break and not work. (when I say doesn't work, it's as if the game thinks I don't have it slotted or something as it doesn't even attempt to cast). I've tried reslotting the spell/removing it off my hotbar and placing it again but to no avail it's still bugged. All other spells besides the 'inflict wound' type seem to work fine.

Contessor

So I recently TR'd into an alchemist and was trying to use the 'inflict damage' spells but when entering a quest/targeting an undead with those spells they don't work. Even the SLA from apothecary seems to break and not work. (when I say doesn't work, it's as if the game thinks I don't have it slotted or something as it doesn't even attempt to cast). I've tried reslotting the spell/removing it off my hotbar and placing it again but to no avail it's still bugged. All other spells besides the 'inflict wound' type seem to work fine.
You cannot do damage to undead with inflict, I think they are flagged to not target if hard targeting as it would heal them. Try using heal spells on undead.

Last edited:

Hudo

They wont even attempt to cast at all. i even tried switching the setting for heal when targeting undead in the gameplay settings and it still doesnt work.

Contessor

They wont even attempt to cast at all. i even tried switching the setting for heal when targeting undead in the gameplay settings and it still doesnt work.
But I think you don’t understand. Inflict wounds spells are negative and will heal undead if you could cast. You want to use anything but cold and negative on undead. As I mentioned, use the cure SLA, not inflict.

Hudo

I see so there is no way to use inflict on undead even if you wanted to i guess this was intentional? Thank you for the answer Contessor

morningfrost

Hi, was this changed at some point? I rememember it was possibile to heal undeads with inflict spells.
By the way, the Venerables in "To the faithful departed" are red named to prevent clerics from healing them with negative energy, so I guess this was possibile at some point.

You have to use the restore clickies to damage undead and the panacea can do it too. Even if you manage to target a non-undead with a inflict it will not affect any nearby undead. So far as I have seen.