Can I do this: Use a +5 Heart and then a +3 heart in succession (after the 3 day waiting period)....

WargamerIV

Maybe. If you are 12 Druid/8 Cleric you can end up 12 Druid/8 Wizard (with the 8 Wizard levels taken at the same overall level as the Cleric levels are when you start), but you have to abide by the no more than 3 classes at any 1 time the whole time you are doing this so if you start with 3 classes it becomes a lot more difficult. Going from 6 Monk/7 Fighter/7 Ranger to 6 Monk /6 Fighter/8 Druid will require more than 2 Tomes.

ProllyDidItWrong

Yeah - I read the wiki but I still have questions.
So I have a 18 Ranger/2 fighter.
I want to end up with 10 Ranger/10 Fighter and then TR with a Fighter Past Life.
So use +5 heart and replace 5 of the Ranger levels with Fighter and end up with 13 Ranger/7 Fighter.
Wait 3 days and use +3 heart to replace 3 more Ranger levels with Fighter and end up with 10 Ranger/10 Fighter.
Wait 3 more days and TR with a Fighter Past Life due to alphabetic rule: F comes before R.
Makes sense but... you know... this is Sparta.

unbongwah

The main thing is your character cannot have more than three classes - past, present, or future - at any point in the process. So if you have no more than two classes to start and you're swapping in a third one, then - presuming no conflicting alignment restrictions - you should be fine. OTOH if you already have 3 classes and you're trying to replace one of them with a different class, then you need to "purge" the class you're deleting from your toon first (by swapping them to one of the other two classes on your toon) before you can start adding in the replacement class.

unbongwah

So use +5 heart and replace 5 of the Ranger levels with Fighter and end up with 13 Ranger/7 Fighter.
Wait 3 days and use +3 heart to replace 3 more Ranger levels with Fighter and end up with 10 Ranger/10 Fighter.
That would work, though most people would tell you to save your money and just do a heroic or racial reincarnation now, then grab a fighter PL on your next go-round.

ProllyDidItWrong

"That would work, though most people would tell you to save your money and just do a heroic or racial reincarnation now, then grab a fighter PL on your next go-round."

Oh snap! Thats why I bought the Dreams of blah blah...
I already figured this out once and then forgot my master plan /faceshoe

Thx

Rember kids just because its legal doesn't make it less harmful.