Chest Blessing

Rekoj

Hi,
Just wondering if the Greater Dragonmark of Finding - Treasure Finding ability is completly obsolete or if it does really boost any kind of chance or better loot?
Couldn't find anything in the forums nor the wiki.
Many thanks.

G.W.

It's +1 level only, so it's worthless.
If it increased the chance for named items, or reaper/mythic boosts, or third slot on randoms, or augment slots on randoms, then it might be popular, but now it is completely useless.

PURPLETIMB

The chest blessing improves the value of random loot, gems, coins and other disposable items found in chests. It does not effect the chances of pulling named items or the chances of items having mythic/reaper bonuses on them. Once upon a time the added platinum value it provided was a nice bonus. Now, unless you are a new player on a first life character this feat is useless.

Rekoj

The chest blessing improves the value of random loot, gems, coins and other disposable items found in chests. It does not effect the chances of pulling named items or the chances of items having mythic/reaper bonuses on them. Once upon a time the added platinum value it provided was a nice bonus. Now, unless you are a new player on a first life character this feat is useless.
If it improves gems and added platinum, does it improves the number of runes, threads of fate, and materials (LShroud) in raid chests?

popejubal

If it improves gems and added platinum, does it improves the number of runes, threads of fate, and materials (LShroud) in raid chests?
According to everything that SSG has said, it only improves randgen loot and has zero impact on named loot or runes or threads or green bag ingredients, etc.

That doesn’t mean 100% for sure that it has no effect, but SSG has at least said that there is no effect.

popejubal

Note: one effect that chest blessing and loot improvement bonus weekends *do* have is that some people believe there is an effect and will farm extra hard for Reaper gear on a loot bonus weekend. If you want Reaper gear, there will always be extra loot farming taking place on those weekends.

C-Dog

The chest blessing improves the value of random loot, gems, coins and other disposable items found in chests. ... Now, unless you are a new player on a first life character this feat is useless.
This (well, both of these).

If it would have been a Level 3 or 10 or 30 chest, then it becomes a Level 4 or 11 or 31 chest, etc. Which usually just kicks the level of droploot and generated coin/gems up by +1. (It also mean that rare drops like Ability Tomes will trigger earlier, altho' that is a rare benefit indeed.)

The biggest problem w/ Chest Blessing is that a typical Party will "never" wait. Unless you are 1) soloing, or 2) in a well-trained/disciplined (static) party, or 3) first to the chest by enough time to do your dance, someone will ~always~ rush up and open the chest before you bless it. :confused:

seph1roth5

I remember way back when MoTU came out, chest blessing was pretty much the only way to get certain effects on stuff. Like cosmic was ~2d6 force damage on hit. Crap now for epic, but was cool back then lol.

Jeronimo

I remember when it used to be a thing for tome farming... especially for the optional in Party Crashers that could drop +5 tomes during +loot lvl weekends. :) I guess it stopped being a thing years ago when tome drops were nerfed.

Twinkle

on loot weekends with gems i think it can get you higher loot attribute values than otherwise possible (+15/+16 stats for example). or maybe its just loot weekends than do that and blessing is useless

It's +1 level only, so it's worthless.
If it increased the chance for named items, or reaper/mythic boosts, or third slot on randoms, or augment slots on randoms, then it might be popular, but now it is completely useless.
Can I get a confirm if this is still true? If that feat is indeed worthless it's better to know in early levels, but since info updated to 2024 is hard to find on it I could use the confirm. Can't have a feat that does absolute nothing.....

Bracelet

Whether it’s true or not, it’s kind of a waste of a precious feat slot. Cannith and named gear is a much better way to go. For a new player just use regular loot and replace it as the opportunity arises. If you join any group of zergy vets, tell them you need gear. You will likely get more than you can carry in a couple hours. Vets don’t need any of it (although they will keep reaper boosted items).

Shardrena

+1 loot level is useful, but not game breaking. Yes, your chances of named loot dropping don't increase, but you're more likely to find something useful that isn't named. Or at the very least get more funds to fuel delving into the auctionhouse for stuff

I might be old fashioned, but I still check the pawn vendors periodically. Sure, people rarely sell to them anymore, preferring to ether vendor to a barkeep or sell on the AH. But I remember back when the pawn brokers were the only way to get magic gear other then looting a chest.