Cleric Tanks

Driaza

Been seeing a few 4000-5000+ HP Clerics with over 3000+ SP also which are tanky and healy.

Seem to be based on a 15 Cleric / 5 Paladin split - can anyone share a Build post?

I have an old 20 Cleric (light) with 4000+SP but not breaking the 2000 HP mark. Quite low on Reaper points but i dont think thats the 2k+ difference in HP

Enjoy the blasting and its nice to solo low Reapers on but was looking for something more usefull in groups / raids

Thanks

unbongwah

Seem to be based on a 15 Cleric / 5 Paladin split - can anyone share a Build post?
First example I could find. Tenacious Defense is +25% HPs so that alone is a big deal. Animal domain was nerfed since it was posted (+4 HPs / level instead of +10); but the combat-style feats like Shield Mastery now add HPs so it's kind of a wash. Protection domain is also a viable alternative: Radiant Forcefield SLA, static +19 AC / PRR and +4 MRR, with another +30 PRR / MRR every time you use Turn Undead (IIRC this includes Radiant Bursts).

Obviously you're trading DPS to be a super-tanky healer instead, so be sure that's the role you want to fill before reincarnating into it.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I've done it in the old combat system, many years ago (could tank the queen in Epic ATDQ2 when cap was 20), but one thing stays the same -- it is very gear-heavy. It's just about feasible to combine enough solid to be a tank with enough healing and enough DPS to be at least "meaningful" in group questing, but it's a serious grind equipment-wise, and very frustrating to solo.

High HP alone isn't enough to be a tank. It is not easy to accumulate enough damage mitigation for tanking per se whilst also being effective enough to make a difference in both DPS and healing. As to intimitank as a cleric ? Forget it !! You need DPS to keep aggro.

DPS tank with healing is not impossible, but it's a steep hill to climb ...

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Griglock of Khyber or Karatemack here on the forum, as well as Keybreaker of Orien do have recent cleric tank builds but sadly only posted on discords.
Both are posted for example in the Orien Raiding Discord #build-repository

Cheers,
Titus

PraetorPlato

Intimitank is totally reasonable for every raid but baba. No DPS needed, but cleric tanks can go primal if they want for carrion swarm to get DPS.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I didn't build my setup to a tank (it's a parked 2nd life healer for raids). I'm about 4k HP with 17/3. Take shield mastery lines for https://ddowiki.com/page/Heroic_Durability and the HP that offers. Max CON/WIS at creation and level up into CON. Grab quicken spell. Everything else can go more tanky like toughness or other feats based off what all you want to bring to the table. Your AP/DP spends and gearing will make up the rest of the build.

Cousin Eddie

I have a third life cleric that does not have great items and not yet properly geared but I sit over 3k HP. I also wanted to be more of a healing tank cleric that could sit in the middle of the fight and heal the team. Wisdom primary and Con secondary. I took Cleric 17 / Fighter 3 for the feats. This allowed me to get Heroic Durability as listed by rabidfox. AP breakdown was about as follows:
Radiant Servant: 5th level for Positive Energy Aura and Cure Focus. The cure focus is the main reason for 5th level as there are no max caster level for cure wound spells. This makes mass cure moderate and cure critical fast and strong party heals.

Falconry: 4th level for coordinated strike. Leaves area helpless for party to knock them down faster and Expose weakness reduces fortification. Conditioning at 3rd level gives 5% Quality bonus to HP

Stalwart Defender: Durable Defense and Tenacious Defense for PRR/MRR and 25% HP bonus.

Epic I chose 5th level Unyielding Sentinel for defense. Exalted Angel Mantle for healing aura. Divine Crusader for Consecration.

All told I have 3 area heal spells (Positive Energy Aura, Exalted Angel Mantle and Consecration) that I can easily keep up. Quick mass moderate and critical wounds. Good defense from Stalwart and Sentinel. Area help with damage from helplessness from Falconry.

Not top tier by any means but can survive in the middle of conflict and help with healing.