Cogs Simon Bardebly encounter

Drunken.dx

Has anyone found out what is this encounter?

He mentiones his brother and dissapears.
Is there further encounter with him?

Arthuvin

Is that a man scared in the catwalks? I think it is just informative. He doesn't do anything else.
There is no quest or outcome. I searched in ddowiki and nobody found anything further so far.

That's another example of what could be a wilderness area based quest which is undeveloped.

Last edited:

Mobius

Parsing his dialogue, I got the impression that the answer was over in the Destroyed Forge area where the Forge Wisps & Wraiths are concentrated. Seeing as how that is all the way over on the opposite side of the map from where you encounter Simon, I've never investigated this any further.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Has anyone found out what is this encounter?

He mentiones his brother and dissapears.
Is there further encounter with him?
Simon Bardleby is a rare spawn in any catwalk area. Once spoken to, he teleports to a new location nearby. This happens a couple of times, before he teleports away for good.

Ultimately, Simon's dialogue is just a hidden teaser for Too Hot to Handle - completing his encounter won't grant you any XP or soforth, and he won't show up anywhere else. If you're interested in it, we have it noted down on Simon's wiki page.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
SARCASM:

I heard if you have 1000 super ultra pure lilac gemstones in inventory (not bags) he will trade you 1 minor memory of a Mystical Band.