Dark hunter falconry twf

Scrag

I was grouped with a dh that was instakillong things left and right with bird

I have the 17 adssassinste boots from vecna, red raptor feather, and gear i am happy to put the assassin set bonus on from vecna.

I dont have vecna gaunts from raid.

Other than the 6 assassinate from falconry and dark hunter, how can i up that game?

Edit! I need to trap also. The person I was grouped with was twf fast sneaking, but i dont see how you can get the goods from falconry and darknhubter and still have room for tempest

RangerOne

You didn't mention your level. At cap my assassiowl has a DC of 105. I have lvl 30 gloves that give (I think) 7 plus 3 insightful. You can get 6 from Shadowdancer, My bow is tricked out with 5 filigrees in the Long Shadow set and the ED Scion of Arborea gives another 4. I will try to take a deeper dive when I log in later.

I have noticed a lot of people who run in Falconry seem to just do it for the damage from WIS and don't actually send their bird off to kill. I rely on it to reduce mobs to manageable levels since I am otherwise a fragile flower.

Scrag

You didn't mention your level. At cap my assassiowl has a DC of 105. I have lvl 30 gloves that give (I think) 7 plus 3 insightful. You can get 6 from Shadowdancer, My bow is tricked out with 5 filigrees in the Long Shadow set and the ED Scion of Arborea gives another 4. I will try to take a deeper dive when I log in later.

I have noticed a lot of people who run in Falconry seem to just do it for the damage from WIS and don't actually send their bird off to kill. I rely on it to reduce mobs to manageable levels since I am otherwise a fragile flower.
It would be at 32. The gloves from the raid are hard to get and I only have 450 runes and really want the bsword as well! The raid generally only seems to be run at hard anyway... leaving runes the best way to try and get the gear.

Insightful only comes on a few things, and quality even fewer. THe gloves plus boots are standing +27. Devilscale bracers + red raptor feather is a standing 25. Anything else just comes in dregs of not good enough.

With no filigrees, I have a standing 37 (devilscale bracers+ raptor feather + enhancements/shadowdancer), 102 including wis, level, and +10.

Is 102 good enough?

Scrag

You mght have been who I grouped with. It was pretty crazy, zoom zoom everything died.

I JUST got the masterwork gaunts, so I am all set for assassinate all the things from gear, excluding filigrees. Hope to see a build so I can crib :)

Scrag

Do you have a build file or build for this to look at?

RangerOne

Sorry for the late reply. Life, holidays and a copy of BG3 delayed me.

I don't really track builds, but this is an overview.

Single completionist. Racials to boost WIS
All level ups into WIS
Skills would be Spot, search, open lock, disable, UMD each level. Leftovers can be concentration and heal.
Supreme tome (yeah, I treated myself one Christmas)
First level rogue (mostly solo and traps can be deadly)
19 levels of ranger

Feats vary on the life. I tried Shot on the Run one life and don't think it is worth it versus Precision and even another Dodge or two. If you take Nimble Fingers early on you can make traps. Not a lot of people are into it but they can be useful. Lay down three or four then let the mobs know you are there and they will blow themselves up to get to you. But I have also run without it for little difference.

I like a high level of UMD for scroll heals. Able to do it due to the one level of rogue giving enough points for UMD
Enhancements are Falconry and AA

Take only WIS damage, don't bother with WIS hit. You will rarely miss after about level 20 anyhow. And reasons not mentioned. Check your stats.
Collaborative shot and Death from Above. The first one starts the mob running to you and the second one takes out at least one of them
Leftover enhancements go AA for the element damage of your choice. I do acid. See Strimtom's Acid ranger build. We are similar except he takes one of the magics lines to up the elemental damage. Probably could have led with that and left it there.

Epic enhancements include Burst of Glacial Wrath for those times when they do reach you, Combat Archery (DEX based so be sure to hit the minimum needed when you start. I didn't once. Cue the cursing at level 21. A couple of the ones that protect you or add hit points. The capstone is Scion of Arborea (I think. The one that gives you pluses to assassinate and sneak attack. Ran once in the random effect one which was fun)

Gear at cap is mostly Ravenloft stuff. I got Void from the Baba raid and tricked it out. Once you have that you can redo your AA enhancements and drop Conjure Arrow (if you took it) bercause you conjure the ice arrow but that one point really doesn't help with anything else. I was lucky enough to hit a couple of sparks so I have nine filigree slots. Five from Long Shadow and Four from (aw crud forgot but it is one that enhances sneak attack and assassination to help the little birdie)

And that is it. I grew up with ADD second edition so when I built him at first my mind was building a pnp character. A fair number of reincarnations in my back pocket (although nowhere near as many of some) makes for a viable ranger.