DECK OF MANY CURSES IS BAD FOR DDO

Memnir

I don't want to watch something, I'm sorry.

Could you post a DECK OF MANY CURSES IS BAD FOR DDO For Dummies, please? Or a list of bullet points on just how it's bad for DDO. I appreciate content creators and all - but yeah, I'm just not going to watch a YouTube thingie.

ACJ97F

I don't want to watch something, I'm sorry.
Well, in a nutshell, in the card (fortune) system, your new job is going to be grinding and sacrificing Gnomes to the RND god, in the hope that
the random stuff you farm, randomly turns into something thing you need. So basically, it's a time sink, with some power creep.

-------------------------------------

IMO, eventually the whales won't be enough to fund the store, if we keep losing a (%) of players with these shotgun updates they crank out.

Yeah what we need is a whole bunch of new ingredients to fill our bags and banks when it is well known that all the items and ingredients cause a lot of lag to specific characters, Yeah , I know that shared bank items are not supposed to effect the characters, although I also know that yesterday on orien we we freezing for 20 minutues on isle of dread in the public area at a population level that most other games would be calling deserted without such problems. I also LOVE the opportunity to buy MORE shared bank ingrediant/collectables space when 1500 spaces is just not enough already.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Just an off take on this, but do players not just consider this (Curse/Fortune) as an extra "Oh hey, just going to take a crap shot on this and see what I get." And if you get something extra nice, all the better. But if not, you simply get a nice bonus that may or may not be immediately useful. But there's no negatives involved.

I personally see my gear as the main item I grind for, not this, which is more of a nice bonus if I get it, but no biggie if I don't.

Or is that just me only?

J1NG

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Just an off take on this, but do players not just consider this (Curse/Fortune) as an extra "Oh hey, just going to take a crap shot on this and see what I get." And if you get something extra nice, all the better. But if not, you simply get a nice bonus that may or may not be immediately useful. But there's no negatives involved.

I personally see my gear as the main item I grind for, not this, which is more of a nice bonus if I get it, but no biggie if I don't.

Or is that just me only?

J1NG
I think till the next level cap raise it does not worth it to put curses on any item. Better to keep collecting decks and cleansers and when the lvl cap will be raised use it on the new gearset.

mikarddo

It is all in the mind of the beholder.

If you decide for yourself that you *NEED* the very best curse on every single item, you are indeed cursed. Less so by the system more so by yourself.

If you make the smarter move and take what you get as extra bonusses without worrying too much - and reroll when you happen to get a cleanser - you are fine.

It does say something about the (forum part of) the playerbase that so many are adamant about being in the first category :)

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!

Or is that just me only?

J1NG

The problem with this system is that it's effectively more powerful than the sentient item system. It's mandatory, not optional, and certainly not,"oh hey let's just do this for fun and see what happens."

The devs would not waste precious resources (this company isn't blizzard) without it being a substantial "player engagement" inducing product for the game. "Hey let's just see what I get..."absolutely does not meet that criteria.

Rather, "oh man I can turn my greataxe into my unique favored weapon, the only one on the server!" is a worthwhile dev resource investment.

Dragavon

The problem with this system is that it's effectively more powerful than the sentient item system. It's mandatory, not optional, and certainly not,"oh hey let's just do this for fun and see what happens."

The devs would not waste precious resources (this company isn't blizzard) without it being a substantial "player engagement" inducing product for the game. "Hey let's just see what I get..."absolutely does not meet that criteria.

Rather, "oh man I can turn my greataxe into my unique favored weapon, the only one on the server!" is a worthwhile dev resource investment.
You are just 100% wrong.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
I think till the next level cap raise it does not worth it to put curses on any item. Better to keep collecting decks and cleansers and when the lvl cap will be raised use it on the new gearset.
This is my thought regarding adding reaper bonuses to gear. I will keep saving my reaper fragments until the game stabilizes at level 40.

Wini

Thanks for this video, Mary. I think it sums up the opinions of some DDO players, and I personally feel represented.

I don't like this new system, and I understand that all the shinies that come with each update are not for all players. Sometimes they are for some, sometimes for others, and that's fine. What I consider a problem is that my guild has almost stopped playing and that what each update brings at the gear level is not being interesting at all to generate attention.

All the gear obtained in Droaam is sentient food for me. The entire Vecna loot is good, but I don't want to migrate equipment to do it again next summer with the new level cap. So, at the gear level, what can a casual player expect from all this? A new system based on RNG and powercreep? I have four dimensional bags full of filigrees and I can't even sort them by set or name. Every time I see them, I feel like crying, and the game only adds more and more ingredients with each update. Wow.

Again, thank you for expressing your opinion, as do other streamers on this topic.

Wini

This is my thought regarding adding reaper bonuses to gear. I will keep saving my reaper fragments until the game stabilizes at level 40.
This, just this! All this ML 31-38 loot will feel bad to invest on, because they will become leveling items or just worthless at any point.

Mesmerin

Same, though if I did eventually get an m3 hat from the skellies raid, I would be very tempted to spend the fragments.

Uthrec

How far away is level 40? 5 years? That's a long time to save up stuff. I can understand with reaper items but these cards drop quickly. I Filled 7 decks just through Pugging and only ransacked 2 quests. I day use em!

Spook

Or is that just me only?

J1NG
No the buffs are too strong and in some cases build defining.

Stoner81

I am saving all my cards for when level cap reaches 40 and I make an true end game gear set. Only then will I even think about using the cards (and the Reaper crafting for that matter).

Stoner81.