dlord + dc + improved sunder broke

Scrag

You dont get -33% on improved sunder from divine crusader.

Please fix, this is a pretty big deal, and ruins taking dc for improved sunder.

Scrag

try using imrpoved trip with fotw core 4 and you will realize that the core 4s are so downright atrocious that half are bugged and nobody noticed :)
I might take it anyway, hard to say. Base sunder is 15 seconds, drops to 10. improved sunder is 10 from the start. I could knock that down to 6.5 seconds and just cleave all day long, at the cost of a feat. that might be a good idea.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

I might take it anyway, hard to say. Base sunder is 15 seconds, drops to 10. improved sunder is 10 from the start. I could knock that down to 6.5 seconds and just cleave all day long, at the cost of a feat. that might be a good idea.
sunder and improved sunder have the same animation. i assumed that if you are going to sunder you would take improved

Scrag

sunder and improved sunder have the same animation. i assumed that if you are going to sunder you would take improved
improved means improved + power attack, vrs just spending destiny points to get it out of dc. the animation is the same, but the cooldowns are different. improved sunder has a 10 second cooldown, sunder has a 15 second cooldown. -33%, and you get 10 second cooldown on sunder; in theory, if dc improve sunder worked, it would cost you only 6.5 seconds cooldown. You could get two improved sunders in before the first ticks out and do the insta kill on potentially more than three targets...

Otherwise, you are boned. Without the cooldown reduction, you are pretty much stuck with sundering 3, possibly 4 tops because no overlaps in sunder effects due to reduced improved sunder (which isnt possible again with the dc version)

Steeme

Improved sunder seems to be working for me. One toon has it as a martial feat and another toon has it acquired from Divine Crusader tree. Both of them show a countdown starting at 7 seconds after activation (same cooldown as improved trip). To me this indicates the 33% bonus is being applied consistently.

Scrag

Improved sunder seems to be working for me. One toon has it as a martial feat and another toon has it acquired from Divine Crusader tree. Both of them show a countdown starting at 7 seconds after activation (same cooldown as improved trip). To me this indicates the 33% bonus is being applied consistently.
Hm. Do you have power attack? It doesnt show as 7 seconds for me....

How can I get the timer to show? I counted down manually and it has always come at 10 seconds, without the sliver of time carved out.

Bjond

try using imrpoved trip with fotw core 4 and you will realize that the core 4s are so downright atrocious that half are bugged and nobody noticed :)
Improved Trip and FOTW Core 4 are working fine for me, but I'm using the actual feat not the FOTW:T4 improved trip. BTW, the DC threshold is VERY high for trips. I never saw a trip on my test char (no tactics), but on a real tactical melee with 120'ish DC it will trip things.

That particular char has improved sunder as well and it seems to work, but it doesn't have points in DC (it's the actual i.sunder feat, too, not tree-granted). I've not checked the numbers on the debuff panel, just that it had the debuff icon.

BTW, 'dunno if there are stacking issues between DC's and LD's enhanced i.sunder. From the wording, they should stack, but this is DDO.

Scrag

Hm. Do you have power attack? It doesnt show as 7 seconds for me....

How can I get the timer to show? I counted down manually and it has always come at 10 seconds, without the sliver of time carved out.
Ok weirdness. It says 7 seconds now. Yesterday it was 10 seconds, full unreduced timer.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Improved Trip and FOTW Core 4 are working fine for me, but I'm using the actual feat not the FOTW:T4 improved trip. BTW, the DC threshold is VERY high for trips. I never saw a trip on my test char (no tactics), but on a real tactical melee with 120'ish DC it will trip things.

That particular char has improved sunder as well and it seems to work, but it doesn't have points in DC (it's the actual i.sunder feat, too, not tree-granted). I've not checked the numbers on the debuff panel, just that it had the debuff icon.

BTW, 'dunno if there are stacking issues between DC's and LD's enhanced i.sunder. From the wording, they should stack, but this is DDO.
core 4 didnt make my imp trip aoe, did it for you? that was bugged for me

Bjond

core 4 didnt make my imp trip aoe, did it for you? that was bugged for me
Yep, but the AE circle is v.tiny; looks like they reused the WWA and Quick/Cutter's anims. And, I don't think it's a full 360. It feels more like 320 with a gap at the back. Best utility I got from it recently was in Hunt or Be Hunted raid -- mashing it when adds start crawling on the melee provided a very nice little CC.

Making wild guesses, but it might be a real feat versus tree feat issue, which in turn might be due to other things; eg. my build is in power attack, not precision -- figured if I was using real feats and had Fort-75 sunder, power would be nicer.

The only issue I have with Dragonlord is the ultra-low refresh rate on the trance. It does refresh, but even mashing sunder, trip, & roar nonstop might only end up yielding a total of 6~7 trances throughout a raid. It's enough for a short raid like Hunt or FOM, but I run out on Skele and KT. Haven't tried LVOD with the DLord yet -- usually end up on my tank for that one, but it's long enough I doubt I'll be able to trance 100%.

IMHO, all trances should simply use SP to keep them balanced wrt. each other.

Steeme

The only issue I have with Dragonlord is the ultra-low refresh rate on the trance. It does refresh, but even mashing sunder, trip, & roar nonstop might only end up yielding a total of 6~7 trances throughout a raid.

I believe the trance can only gain charges from the dragon's roar, despite what the published release notes declared.

Scrag

I don't particularly have a problem with roar charging, except when I am not proactively focused on getting roar out. I can actually go into a quest with 2 charges on trance and finish with 5, with little to zero downtime. YMMV.

Bjond

into a quest with 2 charges on trance and finish with 5
I'm nearly 100% focused on raids. Roar doesn't work on bosses. No success = no recharge.

It's great to hear that it's sufficient for quests, though -- I'd hoped and suspected that might be the case due to the plethora of trash to trigger on.

Kimbere

I'm nearly 100% focused on raids. Roar doesn't work on bosses. No success = no recharge.
I'm not sure this is correct.

I'm pretty sure I regained charges occasionally from roar hitting it every time it was off cooldown while just standing around waiting on teammates to shrine, res, etc. (i.e. no mobs around).

I think the recharge chance is just really, really low.

Bjond

I'm not sure this is correct.

I'm pretty sure I regained charges occasionally from roar hitting it every time it was off cooldown while just standing around waiting on teammates to shrine, res, etc. (i.e. no mobs around).

I think the recharge chance is just really, really low.
I think you're right. I spent about 30m cycling trip, sunder, & roar while watching a movie without regenerating one during my first test before giving up.

I just now tried it again; regen'd one after 27 roars. So, yeah, VERY low chance. If I had spare AP, I'd pick up KTA and use that instead simply because it works .. or take a level in FVS. I get that sp-based isn't thematic for DL, but it's rather worthless without 100% uptime.

The wiki has old Lamannia text with regen on trip, sunder, stun, & roar success. In game text is just "roar".