Epic Reincarnation on a first life

If I undergo epic reincarnation on a first life character, does the name change to have the swirls (wings)?

I see on the wiki that it acts like a lesser reincarnation in other ways, but I couldn't find that specifically mentioned.

Anyone ever tested it that can say for sure whether or not the name would change?

vryxnr

It's... complicated?

Doing en Epic Reinc should give you the little wings/accents on your name, yes.

I say it's complicated because I have multiple alts, many of which are "first lifers" who have done epic reincarnations. One of them did 3 epic reincs a while ago, then some update (don't remember which one) removed the wings and now his name has no accents anymore. One of my other alts recently did an epic reinc (and is otherwise a first lifer, no other reincarnations of any sort) and she does have those wing/accents on her name.

So, again, yes, epic reincarnation gives you those accents, but because it is not a true reincarnation, it seems they can be fickle and might go away in a future update.

It's... complicated?

Doing en Epic Reinc should give you the little wings/accents on your name, yes.

I say it's complicated because I have multiple alts, many of which are "first lifers" who have done epic reincarnations. One of them did 3 epic reincs a while ago, then some update (don't remember which one) removed the wings and now his name has no accents anymore. One of my other alts recently did an epic reinc (and is otherwise a first lifer, no other reincarnations of any sort) and she does have those wing/accents on her name.

So, again, yes, epic reincarnation gives you those accents, but because it is not a true reincarnation, it seems they can be fickle and might go away in a future update.
Complicated indeed. Thanks!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
If I undergo epic reincarnation on a first life character, does the name change to have the swirls (wings)?

I see on the wiki that it acts like a lesser reincarnation in other ways, but I couldn't find that specifically mentioned.

Anyone ever tested it that can say for sure whether or not the name would change?
Only complicated if you are 28 at ETR? If so, LR to 32pt (*at Heroic) to be sure .. aka LTR before TR after ETR er.. :p
https://ddowiki.com/page/Hero_status gives wings. "A character achieves Hero status by True Reincarnating once. This is a 34-point build.."

Last edited: