Evasion Shadow Dancer Fighter

First - What's the current way to post your builds?

I currently have a breakthrough with my fighter Paly 6- F14. On a whim I took Shadow dancer. I was honestly just messing around with epic destinies.
I cannot believe how great it is though. I am getting about 700 - 800 damage with backstabbing damage and melting through mobs like never before.

But now to my question.

So I took stalwart defender enhancements. And went up the tree to take a bunch of armor bonuses. I basically get like +8 con and lots of HP and strength from wearing heavy or medium armor.

BUT, I wanted to take the evasion from Shadow dancer, problem is you can't evade in heavy. So when I took my heavy and went to light, my HP dropped from 1900 to 1300. I guess its give and take right. I lose HP but I also wont take much damage from traps and AOE spells.

Wondering if anyone has ever made this work. A fighter in light armor?

I have an extremely high Dex 35. So I would benefit from light armor. But Im anxious about losing that many HP.

Warsaga

One way to post your build, provided youre using Maetrims builder, is to use the forum export option. As for heavy vs light, evasion vs more armor and hp tankiness - you just have to choose what playstyle is more fun for you. Theres very little 'best of both worlds' scenarios in DDO.

Djoe

light armor is the way that most really good fighter builds go because you can get a good amount of dodge and not a terribly low magical resistance rating. I would definitely respec those points out of stalwart defender though and put it into the Kensei tree. Have you taken these following feats: weapon focus slashing (or whichever kind of damage you're doing), weapon specialization slashing, greater weapon focus? It seems that the reason you dropped so much HP is because you don't have another source of competence% hp. You can get it from the tier 5 kensei but only if you've taken those feats.

Make sure you have a good source of dodge from gear and enhancements, you can get a whole bunch of dodge and +dodge cap as a fighter.

light armor is the way that most really good fighter builds go because you can get a good amount of dodge and not a terribly low magical resistance rating. I would definitely respec those points out of stalwart defender though and put it into the Kensei tree. Have you taken these following feats: weapon focus slashing (or whichever kind of damage you're doing), weapon specialization slashing, greater weapon focus? It seems that the reason you dropped so much HP is because you don't have another source of competence% hp. You can get it from the tier 5 kensei but only if you've taken those feats.

Make sure you have a good source of dodge from gear and enhancements, you can get a whole bunch of dodge and +dodge cap as a fighter.
Thanks for the reply. I Lesser Reincarnated as a dragon born and the Kensai tree is not available. Why is it available in Fighter but not Dragon born? I am confused.

Djoe

Thanks for the reply. I Lesser Reincarnated as a dragon born and the Kensai tree is not available. Why is it available in Fighter but not Dragon born? I am confused.
oh, so no worries about the feats. it is available in the dragon lord tier 5, make sure you are taking that enhancement. If you already have it, I can not see any other way you lost so much hp unless your main source of constitution was from your armor.

Hobgoblin

Tenacious Defense: While wearing medium armor, heavy armor, or wielding a shield and in Stalwart Defense, you gain a +10%/+15%/+25% Competence bonus to maximum hit points

Scrag

light armor is the way that most really good fighter builds go because you can get a good amount of dodge and not a terribly low magical resistance rating.

I have a monk 3/2 fighter/ 15 dark hunter, _in pjs_. I had someone from roving guns suggest a fighter build in pjs. I was like, _wut_. But I hacked at it and came back with something quite surprising.

At first I thought hey, this isnt really doing much damage. But then I watched a bunch of other players in r3-r10, and I found that while my numbers didnt exactly seem high, they actually were a good bit over the average attacks in all of those melee videos. Obviously they had huge crits, but that wasn't what I built for. I built for birds (god do I love falconry), vkf, daggers, doublestrike, all that jazz. When I pop my bird attacks and don't forget to keep my trance up, it actually burns things down pretty quickly. Fighter haste boost is up as soon as it is ready, and I have enough charges to go shrine to shrine or all the way through to the end. I took a variety of stuff from Fatesinger, Dreadnought, and Dancer. All my bird attacks sit at 120 dc which lets me assassinate damn near everything and guaranteed trip/blinds. With reaper etc, in any reaper quest my dodge sits around 67, displacement and incorp at a constant 25.

PJ fighters can actually do a lot...

Djoe

I have a monk 3/2 fighter/ 15 dark hunter, _in pjs_. I had someone from roving guns suggest a fighter build in pjs. I was like, _wut_. But I hacked at it and came back with something quite surprising.

At first I thought hey, this isnt really doing much damage. But then I watched a bunch of other players in r3-r10, and I found that while my numbers didnt exactly seem high, they actually were a good bit over the average attacks in all of those melee videos. Obviously they had huge crits, but that wasn't what I built for. I built for birds (god do I love falconry), vkf, daggers, doublestrike, all that jazz. When I pop my bird attacks and don't forget to keep my trance up, it actually burns things down pretty quickly. Fighter haste boost is up as soon as it is ready, and I have enough charges to go shrine to shrine or all the way through to the end. I took a variety of stuff from Fatesinger, Dreadnought, and Dancer. All my bird attacks sit at 120 dc which lets me assassinate damn near everything and guaranteed trip/blinds. With reaper etc, in any reaper quest my dodge sits around 67, displacement and incorp at a constant 25.

PJ fighters can actually do a lot...
I agree with you that fighter's in cloth can do a lot. I've done a few fighter builds in cloth armor myself, and I think my favorite so far has been 18 fighter / 2 monk with a falchion. I agree that you can get crazy high dodge and that it's really fun, but 50 mmr cap is really annoying and there are a lot of magical attacks that evasion cant get you out of. Light armor only moves the cap up 50 but you can still retain a lot of dodge while also not dying immediately to strong magic attacks, which is really handy.