Experimental Tumble Controls - Tumbling twice instead of once

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Bug Report Number:
If you are holding down 2 movement keys (front or back along with left or right) when you tumble with Experimental Tumble Controls enabled, your charatcer will perform 2 tumbles instead of 1 when you hit your tumble key - 1 vertical and 1 horizontal. Was this bug/behavior present prior to U60?

Edit: For the record my Tumble is >40, so I don't just roll, I make a "dive". Not sure if the issue applies to lower Tumble values too.

Last edited:

Terpilar

That was already the case pre-U60, in fact this dates from the implementation of the experimental tumble controls. And you can use it to your advantage, to dodge backwards then to the side for instance. To me it doesn't feel like a bug and I kinda like it.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I do agree it would be better and feel less clunky if it was a real diagonal move instead of this 90° thing, but do you dislike it or not?
I very much dislike the way it works now. If I have either the forward or backward key pressed, I want my tumble to only head that way, regardless of whether I also have the left or right key pressed.

Terpilar

I very much dislike the way it works now. If I have either the forward or backward key pressed, I want my tumble to head that way, regardless of whether I also have the left or right key pressed.
That would feel like the lost of a feature/bug exploit to me, I would rather they "fixed" it by straight allowing diagonal tumbles