Good replacement for Angel Healing as Paladin Hybrid

jadawin1998

So since the patch the Angel tree does not do its passive aoe heal anymore which has been my goto tree for survivability. Any of you can recommend a good alternative for a passive heal for Paladin Hybrid tank / dps. I do use the consecration with the heal when you stand in it.. but its not nearly as good as the Angel cloak passive heal used to be. Please help with Advice.

Sincerely
Steelpride

DBZ

Primal or sentinel or fatesinger

Primal with enough points gets you more con and hp too if that matters

Last edited:

Archaic

5 cleric radiant servant war domain for Proficiency with every weapon in game including exotics like Dwarven War Axe, Great Crossbow i.e. allows radiant Aura starting at level 12. It won't be much, it will take up a 5th tier but that's a possibility.
It will boost your turn undead and regenerate turn undead. You'd want Feydark to get Charisma to hit and Damage or racial investment in Purple Dragon knight where you'd either need a heart plus one or have 1-2 fighter also.

Arsont

5 cleric radiant servant war domain for Proficiency with every weapon in game including exotics like Dwarven War Axe, Great Crossbow i.e. allows radiant Aura starting at level 12. It won't be much, it will take up a 5th tier but that's a possibility.
It will boost your turn undead and regenerate turn undead. You'd want Feydark to get Charisma to hit and Damage or racial investment in Purple Dragon knight where you'd either need a heart plus one or have 1-2 fighter also.
A similar idea from the other end of the spectrum would be 15/5 Sacred Fist/Ftr.

You'd get more of the paladin feel but lose the heavy mass healing that cleric would give. The aura should tick a bit stronger too, assuming the healing is based on class level as the Wiki/Compendium indicate. You'd probably have to use Kensei or one one of the Dragonlord trees since you'd lose KotC, or just lean into being centered (Either with innate ki weapons; or by going 8 ftr for One with the Blade, but then you're locked into Kensei T5 anyhow). You'd still be able to pick up the main favored weapons from DC, or just be a helf/dwarf with racial enhancements.

How comparable that would be to what you currently run is based on your current split as a "Paladin Hybrid tank/dps".

Grunndi

So since the patch the Angel tree does not do its passive aoe heal anymore which has been my goto tree for survivability. Any of you can recommend a good alternative for a passive heal for Paladin Hybrid tank / dps. I do use the consecration with the heal when you stand in it.. but its not nearly as good as the Angel cloak passive heal used to be. Please help with Advice.

Sincerely
Steelpride
I’m also on a Tanky DPS 20 Pally build right now, and also used the EA aura a bunch for passive heals. And while it’s not passive anymore, the 100% proc rate for the Healing buff from the EA mantle combos insanely well with Renewal for self healing.

If you’ve got decent Hamp and Pos power/crits it’s basically a full heal every 8 seconds plus the rest of the renewal ticks in between. I’m seeing 4-5k heals and 10-12k healing crits right now from the EA mantle proc. Waaaaay higher than the old aura used to heal for by about 2x (and can Crit now!). And since I love my EA wings I’m always invested a fair bit in there.
ScreenShot_2024-03-04_210213_0.jpg

Last edited: