Greater Restorative Draught does not remove negative levels?

I was running my alchemist through the early beholder mission for lvl 12's tin the harbor when I came upon a strange effect with one of my potions. Whenever I had negative levels I tried to use the Greater Restorative and even the lesser to attempt to remove the neg levels. Either I somehow did not make it animate right or its bugged because I used up a whole mana bar and none of the levels went away. Is this a bug or like Rogues time bomb do I have to be standing in a particular way? I don't see how a spell that's supposed to remove the levels just does not seem to do anything.

ACJ97F

There's a known bug with several Alchemist potions, where they never seem to hit the caster (even though it says Self). In some cases,
people have stood facing a wall and thrown vials, just to get hit by potion AOE effects. That problem's been there since U45 came out.

Still waiting on U37 (2017) bugs. We're hoping one day, before the last of the Whales die, they stop pretending the list doesn't exist. ;)

Ah tysm guys. I am glad to know this now. They wonder why it makes so many so angry. They could take the game down for just a week, fix it all, and be done with it. We would be happy. Likes all around tyvm :)

seph1roth5

alchy bottles are super weird to begin with. It's insanely hard to hit someone ELSE with a restoration pot lol. I have to have the other person stand still, go next to them and jump straight up (with FF) and cast it at the peak of my jump, and then the bottle will sloooowly tumble down towards their head. If you do it juuuuuust right, and it hits their head, it'll work.

HoopleHead

alchy bottles are super weird to begin with. It's insanely hard to hit someone ELSE with a restoration pot lol. I have to have the other person stand still, go next to them and jump straight up (with FF) and cast it at the peak of my jump, and then the bottle will sloooowly tumble down towards their head. If you do it juuuuuust right, and it hits their head, it'll work.

Add this to party members with ZERO sense of self-preservation & you try to keep them from dropping dead in a skirmish (since it doesn't matter how much you can crit for if you're dead) and you can't target them because they constantly run around like a chicken with their head cut off....