Hello Fellow Adventurers

I have returned. I came back to the game at the beginning of March, but I am actually an original founder and logged into the game 15 minutes after it went live in February 2006. I could go through all the stories of my forum activities, but that would be too long.

I wasn't able to get my old forum name back (Ranock or CChaz), but regardless, I am back and enjoying the game immensely.
I am eager to try out reincarnation.

The only thing I have found difficult is playing raids, as I don't see many PUGs for those these days. It's tough, as some of those raids have the best named gear.
I did find a guild, and I enjoy it as they are players in my demographic and share a casual play style.

I still think this is the most D&D authentic experience you will find. Neverwinter is good in some ways, but it's not at all an authentic D&D experience.
This seems to be the only place where you can still find genuine spells like Fireball or Burning Blood and have them not changed into something unrecognizable.
I admit my return was mostly spurred on by watching Stranger Things and I was happy to see the Vecna module.

I currently play a Pale Master wizard, and I can't believe how powerful this class is in terms of solo ability.
Anyway, I'm glad to be back. I am sure I will have some questions later, but for now, I have enjoyed it for the most part.

Kessaran

We
I have returned. I came back to the game at the beginning of March, but I am actually an original founder and logged into the game 15 minutes after it went live in February 2006. I could go through all the stories of my forum activities, but that would be too long.

I wasn't able to get my old forum name back (Ranock or CChaz), but regardless, I am back and enjoying the game immensely.
I am eager to try out reincarnation.

The only thing I have found difficult is playing raids, as I don't see many PUGs for those these days. It's tough, as some of those raids have the best named gear.
I did find a guild, and I enjoy it as they are players in my demographic and share a casual play style.

I still think this is the most D&D authentic experience you will find. Neverwinter is good in some ways, but it's not at all an authentic D&D experience.
This seems to be the only place where you can still find genuine spells like Fireball or Burning Blood and have them not changed into something unrecognizable.
I admit my return was mostly spurred on by watching Stranger Things and I was happy to see the Vecna module.

I currently play a Pale Master wizard, and I can't believe how powerful this class is in terms of solo ability.
Anyway, I'm glad to be back. I am sure I will have some questions later, but for now, I have enjoyed it for the most part.
Welcome back to the game! Nice to see more founders returning to the game after a while.

If you're struggling to find a pug raid, put your own LFM up for it! Most pugs are fine doing normal/hard of the raids because you can still get loot and threads/runes from them. If you don't know the raid well enough to lead, don't be shy about putting that in the description and seeing if someone else can "lead" the raid. Also, what server are you on?

Toede

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy it. Best suggestion I can give you for raids is make a post in your server specific forum letting people know you want to run them and any personal needs, like learning or taking it slower. You should get a bunch of people who are willing to join you and help you out.

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy it. Best suggestion I can give you for raids is make a post in your server specific forum letting people know you want to run them and any personal needs, like learning or taking it slower. You should get a bunch of people who are willing to join you and help you out.
Thanks glad to be here. Really interested in Commendation of Heroism so I can upgrade my Breach, The Dividing blade for my THF. Is there any way to get those without doing the raid, or is there a way to do the raid as a small group or even solo? Again, just trying to get the Commendations, no other reason really.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Really interested in Commendation of Heroism so I can upgrade my Breach, The Dividing blade for my THF. Is there any way to get those without doing the raid, or is there a way to do the raid as a small group or even solo?
Run the flagging quests for both raids that drop those and then put up LFMs for them. They can both be solo'd (depending on your build/gear/knowledge) but ideally getting a few extra bodies in there will make things go easier.

Here's a video of Voduu doing a teaching raid for CiTW

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
The only thing I have found difficult is playing raids
Welcome back!

Truth be told, raid isn't in good place because the population in game isn't in a good place... it has been declining and if you aren't in a Discord channel or have an active group to raid in your playing hours... the way is brute force learn to soloing Raids or accept it isn't part of the game anymore.