I thought last update was supposed to reduce lag

Drunken.dx

lag was annoying before but with last update it became worse.
just ran Cabal for one and often when searching for traps I had game freeze for couple seconds when search was done before revealing traps/boxes.
and not to mention what happens when buffs run out.
and using bow on mobs in front is as bad as before (you'd expect improvement with that arc increase)
As if my game is trying to contact servers and servers are like "lalala can't hear you".
that happened before update but not even close at frequency it happens now.

After reading Codog’s informative post on the old forums about what he thought was a major factor in lag, I had an optimistic outlook for U59.

Unfortunately, there appears to a whole lot more spaghetti that needs marinara.

And here I was, hoping that the several hundred pounds of pasta found by a New Jersey stream last week came from SSG’s data center.

FuzzyDuck81

It's not eliminated but definitely seems to have improved to me.

I've also noticed my latency has significantly improved, gone from hovering around the 110-120ms mark to 80-85ms (i'm in UK)

Oliphant

Lag seemed better immediately after update then spiked worse than ever first weekend after the update on Orien. Since then it seems either normal or better than before the update. I'd say they still have more work to do fixing lag.

The Narc

Lag seemed better immediately after update then spiked worse than ever first weekend after the update on Orien. Since then it seems either normal or better than before the update. I'd say they still have more work to do fixing lag.

This has been my experience, i was really impressed right after the update, so i think they are going in the right direction, just need to figure iut what is causing the bottle neck, i have always been of the belief that the better they make the monster AI the worse the lag has become.

As for the folks that seem to be getting lag freeze from a sound related issue, i feel for you guys and hope they find a solution for you as thus has seemed bit to affect my play.

Aelonwy

First few days after update were better since then I'd say lag for me has been worse, particularly on the weekends. Also I've taken loads of screenshots of how much graphics are glitched in 64 bit versus 32 bit. The flashing competing textures are especially bad inside Ravenloft castle and teleporting to Eveningstar is a headache.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
On Khyber the lag was better initially until the weekend that followed update 59. In some ways it's worse now with the intermittent and unpredictable moments where the client seems like it's stuck waiting for the server to respond. It's especially troublesome in fights since now its like the lag lasts long enough for monster hits to register en mass and when the client catches up, you die because all heals or attempts to avoid damage are ignored and instead you get a big sudden burst of incoming damage that maths out in the monsters favor.

Before U59, it seemed like the lag was more tolerable for battle; the latency spikes didn't last as long and seemed at least to correct for themselves so you didn't as often wind up getting killed from being stuck in the middle of a pack of monsters poking you. ☹️

Last edited:

Smelt

Grumpy old Dwarf
For me the lag is both better and worse all at the same time. Before the update I found it difficult to navigate through the public areas on a mount because the lag sent me off in unintended directions. Since the update this has improved immeasurably, how ever now I am frequently getting mini freezes that last a second maybe two. i never had those before. Proper lag that lasted long enough for the mobs to kill you or half the party doesn't appear to be happening now though.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I posted a thought on the old form: the reports on lag reduction were very positive following the Wednesday release and reverted to pre-update levels after the patch on Friday. One thing different during the “good” period was the lack of 32-bit clients running. It may be possible that the client-server interface is different between 32 and 64 bit clients, and that the 32-bit client puts excessive demand on the server.

Daemon_Master

I am also on Khyber, the lag has been steadily worse over the last week or so to the point it's getting difficult to play the game. :(