Lamania preview 2 in two weeks?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Guess the team needs some time to wrap things up?
A number of the initial reactions to preview 1 were pretty negative (particularly as regards Exalted Angel), so I imagine a lot of things are going to need adjusting. Also, Dragon Lord has a lot of issues that need fixing before it's ready to go live, and most non-expansion updates nowadays release after the second preview, so they have a lot of work to do there too.

Elminster

Rather they take this particular release (aptly named Update 66 ... lolz) nice and slow with every opinion and variable considered.

Onyxia2016

Rather they take this particular release (aptly named Update 66 ... lolz) nice and slow with every opinion and variable considered.
This would be a nice change of pace compared to the normal, preview 1 & 2, ignore feedback and jam it into live, deal with the dozen of bug reports and forum complaints that are a rehash of the issues noted in the preview threads.

Kritikal

This would be a nice change of pace compared to the normal, preview 1 & 2, ignore feedback and jam it into live, deal with the dozen of bug reports and forum complaints that are a rehash of the issues noted in the preview threads.

Remember, Lamannia is a "preview." They don't care about our concerns after the work has been completed.

Past history has shown that since the work has already been done for this update, they are just fixing some (not all) issues. Hence, don't get your hopes up that anything major will change and prepare to be disappointed.

songswrath

Remember, Lamannia is a "preview." They don't care about our concerns after the work has been completed.

Past history has shown that since the work has already been done for this update, they are just fixing some (not all) issues. Hence, don't get your hopes up that anything major will change and prepare to be disappointed.
Exactly there was huge uproar about given mob dodge. They said ok we will not add it. And bam it's here. I about had it with game. Dev's don't play the game they code for at all it seems.

Smokewolf

A number of the initial reactions to preview 1 were pretty negative (particularly as regards Exalted Angel), so I imagine a lot of things are going to need adjusting. Also, Dragon Lord has a lot of issues that need fixing before it's ready to go live, and most non-expansion updates nowadays release after the second preview, so they have a lot of work to do there too.
You're kidding yourself if you think they'll walk back those changes.

Smokewolf

Am I? I can quote at least one case in which they've already done so.
I've been around before DDO became a public thing. So yeah, while anything is possible, your getting your hopes up for nothing. Only thing you can 100% count on is the Dev's making moves that support the long term profitability of the game.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I've been around before DDO became a public thing. So yeah, while anything is possible, your getting your hopes up for nothing.
As I already said, the devs have already made some changes to the Lammania content from this preview - for example reversing one of the (admittedly more minor) unpopular changes planned for U66 and moving Grand Summoner back from tier 4 of Magus of the Eclipse. (This is the quotable example I referred to in my previous post - there have been other changes announced in the main thread but I can't face scrolling back through over a thousand posts to look for them.)

I will admit it's doubtful whether the two big talking points of U66 are going to see adjustments when Preview 2 rolls around - we haven't had a dev statement either way on Exalted Angel, and Tonquin's comments on Dragon Breath largely indicate that those changes are sticking. Still, some of the destinies were still unfinished when Preview 1 released, so we know some stuff still needs work before Preview 2.