Level 1 Gear - Best Set?

EdFactor

Actually my level 1 gear set is [stone of xp 100] [stone of xp 200] [stone of xp 300] [stone of xp 400] [stone of xp 1500] [stone of xp 2000] [stone of xp 6000] ...
I just horde all my stones on a bank alt and when they have a double value xp rolls weekend I spend some shards on gold rolls.
I usually have 3 to 5 sets of stones to take me from 1 to 3 before I start doing anything.

T.O.

Does the low level Borderlands gear even drop with reaper bonus anymore?
It does but very rare. We run it r3-4 haven't seen a reaper item in a couple of months. But have seen one this year

Last edited:

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Does the low level Borderlands gear even drop with reaper bonus anymore?

It does but very rare. We run it r3-4 haven't seen a reaper item in a couple of months. But have seen one this year
Run it on treasure boost weekend, pop a moderate treasure hunter's boost and every item you get will be a reaper. It only costs 1 shard to reroll those - hence they removed the ability to turn them into fragments.

Vox

Run it on treasure boost weekend, pop a moderate treasure hunter's boost and every item you get will be a reaper

6f18caea84471ba708d228d91bb56ebc_w200.gif

Purr

For low levels, I like Necklace of contemplation, gravnok's band, and when I do borderlands each life, I keep any mythic +4 stuff for future lives. I do have some old invulnerability robes and docents lying around somewhere, though, that I just ignore now.

I think Runic trinket (the one that has +14 insightful potency) is really nice at low level for casters.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
I think Runic trinket (the one that has +14 insightful potency) is really nice at low level for casters.
This one really stands out. Is there any other caster gear that is a must have almost like this trinket?

Matuse

I always XP gem my way from 1 to 2, because level 1 is terrible. I have some rando stuff I put on at 2 to do Elite Korthos, which is enough XP to get to 3. At 3 I switch to my official generic gearset, which works for basically every possible build imaginable, and this easily carries me to level 8 when I switch to more specialized gearsets using Dread, TOEE, and Feywild items.

The level 3 gearset (hands are left deliberately empty to allow build customization via weapons):

Level 3ItemEffect 1Effect 2Effect 3Slot 1Slot 2
ArmorShip Mage AttireGhostlyFalse Life 11
NeckAnchorchainProfane Life 9Glaciation 53Ice Lore 8
HelmSmuggler's CapCharisma +3Deception +2Dodge 1
TrinketBottle of ShadowsProfane Stats +1Master's Gift
BeltBelt of Myriad PocketsInsight Con +1Protection +3Healing Amp +3
BootsCrocodile BootsCon +3Acid Absorb 15Cold Absorb 15Clearwater Diamond
WristsBracers of WindBlurryMagnetism 54Lightning Lore 8
CloakSailcloth CloakDex +3Accuracy +3Deadly +5Natural Armor 1
Ring1Kwan's BandWisdom +3Concentration +6Wizardry +60
Ring2Cannith RingFeather FallingSheltering 5Cold Res +5Sonic Res +5
GlovesCannith GlovesStr +2Resistance +2Fortification 25%Acid Res +5
GogglesCannith GogglesInt +2True SeeingLit Res +5Fire Res +5
Hand1Empty
Hand2Empty
Set BonusesSaltmarsh 5 Piece

What I would have loved is to be able to put in the Saltiron Bracer, it has just delicious stats, but that causes a domino collapse of effects - you lose the Blur from the Wind bracers, and the only other slot to get Blur at this level is Bottle of Smoke, which means giving up the +1 to all stats, which is a bad trade to me. Bonus perk is that almost the entire set is BTA (Kwan's Band is BTC), so it's easy to mule.

Archaic

Best gear for level one is cannith crafted in alignment with your build.
It's good to find a speed item as well, but permanent Feather fall, jump items are definitely something to look into.
It's a buzz kill with small hops and slow jog...and let's be real we all have an urge to leap off cliffs.

droid327

Dual augment weapon with good or force and bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing enchantments. +4d6 extra damage.

Also Blindness immunity of true-seeing goggles with master's gift slotted.

Dual slot Ghost Touch of Keen Falchion. A little less direct damage at L1, but Keen scales better till SoS or whatever, and not having to swap for Reapers is handy too.

Catmosphere

Big fan of trapblast goggles (as I seem to start with low saves there). The level 4 challenges armor Frozen Tunic cos it procs all the time. Level 2 borderlands weap. Level 3 ethereal ring from Saltmarsh. Crafted ring level 1 with featherfall and devotion slotted with masters gift. Quiver. Stack of bulls strength potions. Stack of csw potions. Then whatever loot gen.

Get to 8 and swap to full fort, proper sets etc. whatever's fun really?

HoopleHead

Level 1.. Borderlands (drop rate on stat helm has always been good)
Level 3.. Saltmarsh
Level 5.. Fey
Level 7.. Dread
Level 10.. Ravenloft
Level 16.. Sharn
Level 18.. Morgrave University

Fauxknight

Vorpals are the best early weapons, not due to Vorpal hits, but due to the extra .5W die. Low level mobs have very few hp's and that .5W makes most mobs meat after two or three hits.

Nicked have deadly 3 and 2 elemental dice. I prefer nicked under most circumstances.

Combine with mythic/reaper Borderlands gear and the minotaur nose ring from Sharn Syndicate.