Longtime player coming back from a looong break

Spooky

Heya all! Sent in a ticket, but wondering if I may be missing something. Downloaded the game again the other day, and I'm finding difficulty- I keep getting kicked in the character creation screen. I've lowered the graphics to medium, as I remember that being a potential sore spot when I played last time. It's been about 12-15 attempts and still getting booted right in character creation. Any advice? On Ghallanda, if that makes a difference. OFC Khyber players will say "duh, it's Ghallanda" LMAO thanks in advance for any insight.

Grub

Heya all! Sent in a ticket, but wondering if I may be missing something. Downloaded the game again the other day, and I'm finding difficulty- I keep getting kicked in the character creation screen. I've lowered the graphics to medium, as I remember that being a potential sore spot when I played last time. It's been about 12-15 attempts and still getting booted right in character creation. Any advice? On Ghallanda, if that makes a difference. OFC Khyber players will say "duh, it's Ghallanda" LMAO thanks in advance for any insight.
Try switching to the other client 32bit or 64bit... Whichever you arent using. You do that in the launcher options page.

Owlbear

Are you using Steam or the launcher from the website to play the game? (using the normal Launcher often fixes weird stuff)
What happens when you finish creating a new character and restart the game?
Does this happen on other servers too? Or only Ghallanda?

Spooky

Are you using Steam or the launcher from the website to play the game? (using the normal Launcher often fixes weird stuff)
What happens when you finish creating a new character and restart the game?
Does this happen on other servers too? Or only Ghallanda?
Using steam. I'll try to download from launcher and see what happens. I've tried 3 servers

FaustianBargain

Duh, it’s Ghallanda.

Other options - you say it’s in character creation, are you successful if you use a pre-existing character? I’m assuming you have some from your previous experience. Assuming you can get in on them it at least isolates it somewhat.

Aside from the suggestion of using the opposite client and trying from the launcher, I’ve sometimes had bad things happen in full screen mode. If you aren’t playing in windowed mode, try switching to windowed in the options menu. Does it happen if you try to toggle away to look at a build planner or something like that.