Looking for End Gear for a Trapper

Deamon81

My Rouge is now 32 any mainly an assasin build. But why not doing traps also if possible :)
Here comes often the issue, for exmample yesterday I faild traps by rolling a 2 +100 which is nasty if its a criticle situation.
As you can see also 100 is not bad but not the best if you run 30+ Quests on Reaper ;-)

I don´t want to give up the Assasin so I try to use Gear by switching some of and on like Legendary Experimenter's Goggles (+20) or Magnifying Lens (+18)
As its an INT based Rouge my INT Score is not bad (but can be better as always)
On the Enhancements/Destinies I used in addition Awareness and Technician to get additional rolls.

What kind of gear or Sets can be recommended to use to get higher stats without buying +8 tombs :)

vryxnr

well, you're already Int based, so that is good.

For the skills themselves, the standards would be either the Keylock Ring or the Experimenter's Goggles (both give +20 to spot, search, open locks, and disable device). You already have those goggles though.

To really bump up your trapping (and assuming you only need Search and Disable, both Int skills fortunately), you can do a single swap item with *drum roll* Legendary Green Steel crafting. You can make one item that gives you +22 competence to all int skills, +11 insight to all int skills, +6 quality to all int skills, for a total of +39 to all int based skills (which include both search and disable device) from a single item swap. Bonus being, you choose which item slot this goes into (non-weapon), so it's flexible with your current gear setup.

For some extra bite, you can also swap in the Skulldiggery Kit belt, for an exceptional +6 bonus to all int based skills (search and disable). (maybe my search-fu is lacking, but from a quick search I couldn't find any higher exceptional int skill bonuses. everything higher was for dex skills or charisma skills) EDIT!!! the Tiara of Madness is a helm with +10 exceptional Int skills on it.

To really add insult to injury, you can also have a sentient weapon swap for the Trapper's Delight filigree set, which grants up to +6 stacking bonus to search and disable (from the set bonuses) and up to +2 more search from one of the filigrees themselves.

Then, of course, maxing out your Int... which I assume you already are doing as an Int based assasssin.

And putting 23 ranks into those trapping skills, but changing that is more involved lol.

All of that should be overkill, but that is one way to go with minimal item swapping to guarantee success on all traps in the game at this time.

edit: just to be thorough, Shadowdancer: Technician for +6 search and disable, Mechanic Rogue: mechanic for +3 disable, awareness for +3 search. Looks like you have those already. But, there is also 13 points into Harper Agent for +3 to all skills (probably not worth the investment).

There is also Epic Reinc Martial Feats (toggle) Skill Mastery (+1 to all skills per stack, up to 3 stacks for another +3 to all skills)

Then there are action boosts: Skill Boost. depending on the source, that can be up to +6 more to all skills (Mechanic rogue for +6, Human versatility for +4)

OH YEAH! also, some source of greater heroism for +4 moral bonus, some source of luck (+3 to +5 depending on source), and bard buffs. I assume +5 tools is a given.

Last edited:

DYWYPI

If you are Intelligence based, I'm a little surprised you are only getting a modified Disable Device roll of 102 (I assume that was with gear and not your base value). My Assassins are Dexterity based and can reach those values with moderate gear. Reaper setting does not increase Trap DCs.

Relatively easy obtainable items useful for (Disabling) Traps:
+[𝑥𝑥] (Random loot) Disable (Search items will help find the Trap control panel)
+02 Fox's Cunning Potion or (Random loot) INT Item
+02 Skills (Heroism Potion)
+01 luck bonus (Scroll of Prayer)
+07 Disable Device (+5 Thieves' tools)

You might also want to find items with an 'Insight bonus' that will boost Disable Device, and stack with the competent bonus. I personally use ML13 Cannith Crafted items.

The 'Manual of Stealthy Pilfering' gives an +4 Exceptional bonus to Intelligence Skills (if upgraded +6 bonus). By Level 32, you should be aiming for being able to reach a Modified Disable Device roll of 116, 112 would be safe.

Last edited:

vryxnr

@vryxnr thanks that was very helpful :) I think I will try to get the skulldiggery kit and check for the Filigree :)
you're welcome, and good luck! I edited in a few other small buffs in my initial reply to edge out even more lol. So basically, you got options 😁

And as DYWYPY said, another source of exceptional int skills is the Manual of Stealthy Pilfering from the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar, for +4 instead of +6. (drops from the Mummy side boss, and dragon chests iirc)

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Personally I run with +19 augments and I have Treasure Hunters Spyglass from Crystal Cove at endgame. Of couse I have good luck and heroism augments. Never have any major issues although my Spot isn't the best

vryxnr

Personally I run with +19 augments and I have Treasure Hunters Spyglass from Crystal Cove at endgame. Of couse I have good luck and heroism augments. Never have any major issues although my Spot isn't the best
Thanks for reminding me!

Yes, treasure hunter's spyglass is great, but is exclusive from the Crystal Cove event.

If you have an open helm slot, you can go for the Tiara of Madness from the Age of Rage quest, IT gives a +10 Exceptional Bonus to Astute skills (int skill, so search and disable). So that is the best exceptional int skill item atm (the level 32 treasure hunters spyglass is also +10 exceptional to both Astute (int) and Prudent (wis) skills, but is also limited to farm for at specific times of the year)

saekee

long live ROGUE
I'm a big fan of Perfected Golden Guile + Treasure Hunters Spyglass
Perfected golden guile will only help you with locks not traps. Plus that is a tough one anyway for someone to scrap together.

OP is INT based—OP you got awesome input here. For your regular character make sure you have in your gear all the time the following: Max INT, max Insightful INT (should be 6), 3 quality INT. That will help your DPS, assassinate, trapping etc.

I assume you are using Harper for INT hit and damage and are using KtA. But maybe we should not assume anything; a few weeks ago I was running a few quests with an assassin at cap using short swords. Yes there was a lot of advice crammed down their throat…

Ying

5000+ hours played
Craft an LGS Tier 1+2 INT skill item. You can get all of the ingredients for it in a single run of LShroud, especially if ask others to pass small and medium mats. Most people have what they need from LShroud, at least for Tier 1+2 items, so are happy to pass. That's a total of +33 to your Search and Disable skill.

I'm a big fan of Perfected Golden Guile + Treasure Hunters Spyglass
Suggesting a one-a-year event item isn't very useful to OP who needs a solution sooner rather than later.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Craft an LGS Tier 1+2 INT skill item. You can get all of the ingredients for it in a single run of LShroud, especially if ask others to pass small and medium mats. Most people have what they need from LShroud, at least for Tier 1+2 items, so are happy to pass. That's a total of +33 to your Search and Disable skill.

Suggesting a one-a-year event item isn't very useful to OP who needs a solution sooner rather than later.
I assumed the OP running EE Zawabi’s would not do this but in the end this is the best option as you have everything on one piece of gearand it is tops. Edit: It does not include exceptional boosts like the Crystal Cove Spyglass but an INT assassin should have high skills in trapping anyway.

If at all possible, choose the equipment slot where you are not already having INT boosts (like your quality or insightful) in your gear and also try to choose something that does not throw off set bonus boosts to stats.

For example, on my toon, that is the goggles; I have not geared an INT assassin in ages but I imagine you might have INT in the goggles.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
I craft LGS cloaks because it's a common swap slot for spell absorb. So I typically don't slot augments I can't live without in my cloaks.

Liy

As a dex based build, I use LGS Int cloak and Manual of Stealthy Pilfering to swap when needing to do traps; have no issues. LGS is an absolute must for Int skills