Need BEAST TWF Barb build

Elminster

I'm trying to determine the gap .. well "supposed gap" between THF and TWF in terms of DPS. Does anyone have a solid build?

Also, what kind of gear should I be looking at?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'd link a build but I assume you'll just call it a caster, complain you can't solo r10s on it, and then ask for it be nerf'd. The biggest difference in many comparisons is going be the person behind the keyboard bringing out the maximum performance of any build; if you can't bring out that peak performance for both builds then it'll be an invalid comparison.

Elminster

I'd link a build but I assume you'll just call it a caster, complain you can't solo r10s on it, and then ask for it be nerf'd. The biggest difference in many comparisons is going be the person behind the keyboard bringing out the maximum performance of any build; if you can't bring out that peak performance for both builds then it'll be an invalid comparison.

A splash is OK as long is it's 17 or 18 Barb. I'm just trying to gauge a baseline for TWF. I've done THF, SWF but never TWF .. at least in a long long while.

is more like i want to be scientist and do researches, but I'm a gravedigger by profession.
I think all styles are similar, if you have a personal preference for a certain style, personally I have been playing twf for over a decade, I often have the feeling that I am 1000 % stronger than other melee until I see the monk's style of unarmed combat and think how can you have such a high DPS and such defence.
For me TWF is like driving a sports car...after a beer or two or three it doesn't get any better xD

I think there has to be such a thing as good build vs experience, and for melee this is very important and the more experience you have, the more DPS you make on the identical build. 2 people with the same build don't have the same DPS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Elminster

is more like i want to be scientist and do researches, but I'm a gravedigger by profession.
I think all styles are similar, if you have a personal preference for a certain style, personally I have been playing twf for over a decade, I often have the feeling that I am 1000 % stronger than other melee until I see the monk's style of unarmed combat and think how can you have such a high DPS and such defence.
For me TWF is like driving a sports car...after a beer or two or three it doesn't get any better xD

I think there has to be such a thing as good build vs experience, and for melee this is very important and the more experience you have, the more DPS you make on the identical build. 2 people with the same build don't have the same DPS.
rotation is important and of course this is all based on single target "raid boss" damage. THF I've long suspected is way waaaay bottom of barrel DPS-wise. SWF with glancing blows and shield I think is better.

Buy yeah I've seen TWF just do monster damage and monks... lol is on a totally different level, to the point I try not to include them in the melee family.