New Archetype: Lycan (Barbarian)

Do you want "the Lycan" to be the new Barbarian Archetype?

• Yes. Yes I want it.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
prestige-class-werewolf-unleash-the-beast-inside-you-book-v0-3ys1m0t6ncm81.png

DDO:
82vffm.jpg

The Plot (although most of us veterans will roll their eyes... just gimme the numbers! ha!):

You were a Barbarian closely aligned with spirtualists and druids in your tribe. As a means of saving your kin from utter desolation by the forces of the Lich king Vecna you under-went a transformation performed by your tribe's shamans into a feral beast of near endless destruction.

The concept (general bullet points):

So the big feature is that your character turns into a werewolf everytime it activates an "innate" rage such as a barbarian rage. All your items on you still function except the weapons that you can use will meld into claws and the rest must be organic in nature. As a side-effect the only weapons that can be used can only be made with bone and wood and the only armors that can be worn are light and cloth.

• Massive Health Regen, +1,000 Heal Amp (stacking)

• Natural 30% physical/magical damage mitigation not done by silver, metalline or fire.

• Natural 20% spell damage reduction

• Natural +50% Movement Speed(stacking).

• Natural +20% attack speed (stacking).

• Natural +10% Evasion (bypasses cap and stacks wih everything)

• +3 Crit Range/Multiplier (stacks with everything)

• The Howl: Fear effect for everything in the area (no save). Calls # of wolves half of Lycan's level that will instantly grab aggro for 5 seconds and stick around until killed or 30 seconds passes.

• No healing magic apart from coming from a druid works on the werewolf.

• Cannot be ressurected or raise dead when killed in Lycan form.

• 20 second stun and prone when leaving Barbarian rage (and therefore de-transforming from Werewolf)

• Natural +150% Hate gen when in Lycan form.

Xinidia

I love the idea of playing a werewolf. That's really cool. However, I'm not fond of this specific proposal. A 20 second post-rage stun!? Maybe tone down the benefits and penalties a bit.

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
I love the idea of playing a werewolf. That's really cool. However, I'm not fond of this specific proposal. A 20 second post-rage stun!? Maybe tone down the benefits and penalties a bit.
Past Archetypes have been somewhat.... disappointing...sooo...

i-need-something-robust-complicated.gif

Dunspartacus

I do like the idea of the barbarian archtype not being just another weapon swinger, and a sort of magical/supernatural rage like this is a cool way to approach it. As has been said though I do worry it overlaps with razorclaw shifter a bit too much flavor-wise though.

saekee

long live ROGUE
shouldn’t there be something about failing saving throws of domination by nervous young insecure vampires?