Newbie Snowpeaks Questions

bookmarked

1) Do stats and skills matter in the Snowpeaks events? For example, does DEX (or anything else) matter in the slide? All the wiki mentions is Feather Fall. For the climb, all the wiki mentions is Jump, Feather Fall, and Expeditious Retreat.

2) For the rewards, some items list the costs in both gold and silver coins - is that either or both? For example, Sapphire of Snowpeaks Speed is 20 gold 100 silver - is that both 20 gold AND 100 silver or is it 20 gold OR 100 silver?

3) Any changes in reward recommendations since the thread in the old forum?

Thanks!

Onyxia2016

1) The only stat that can help is STR for jump. You really on need 10 in jump and the potions available will get you to 40 jump.
2) The price is both gold and silver coins in the listed amounts.
3) No reward changes from last year unfortunately.

Side note, look on the wiki for the "The Immortal Sun Flask". It is an optional path in the "Too Cold to Continue" challenge. It is easy to overlook unless you are aware of it. It is ML30 but is only available in this event.

bookmarked

1) The only stat that can help is STR for jump. You really on need 10 in jump and the potions available will get you to 40 jump.
2) The price is both gold and silver coins in the listed amounts.
3) No reward changes from last year unfortunately.

Side note, look on the wiki for the "The Immortal Sun Flask". It is an optional path in the "Too Cold to Continue" challenge. It is easy to overlook unless you are aware of it. It is ML30 but is only available in this event.

1) So DEX won't help with the slide?

3) Sorry, I meant are there any changes in recommendations as to what rewards are worth getting.

Thanks!

Onyxia2016

1) No DEX does not affect the slide.

3) The rewards are really a personal choice. I am not a cosmetics collector so I normal skip those, although the cloak looks pretty cool. No pun intended. The filigrees are not bad depending on build. The weapons are not bad either for their level.

popejubal

1) Do stats and skills matter in the Snowpeaks events? For example, does DEX (or anything else) matter in the slide? All the wiki mentions is Feather Fall. For the climb, all the wiki mentions is Jump, Feather Fall, and Expeditious Retreat.

2) For the rewards, some items list the costs in both gold and silver coins - is that either or both? For example, Sapphire of Snowpeaks Speed is 20 gold 100 silver - is that both 20 gold AND 100 silver or is it 20 gold OR 100 silver?

3) Any changes in reward recommendations since the thread in the old forum?

Thanks!
3) The Festive Augments are all great and if you don't have run speed on your lowbie, then the Snowpeaks speed is great. The Filigrees aren't part of any "best in slot" options but Hamstring ward stops an incredibly annoying irritant and an extra Imbue die certainly isn't shabby. Depends on what you're aiming for.

Fauxknight

3. Hah, I knew I wrote a recommendation post at one point. The gear hasn't changed so it's pretty much the same.

As mentioned the weapons aren't bad for level 4 weapons. I think I looked at them as more purely cosmetic items before.

The filigrees were new so I wasn't 100% sure on them. I feel they aren't as strong as getting a more dedicated set to what you want to enhance, and there are no rares available in them either. The imbue one is still the strongest, most likely to be used as filler if you've just got that one slot to fill.

Last edited: