Not receiving +1 Tome in latest Ultimate Sharn offering

Daemos

I purchased Ultimate Sharn bundle on my account. Many characters do not appear to have it. After reviewing inventory on multiple characters, I still cannot find the +1 tome of understanding. Can these please be resent. They are BtC so I cannot create a character and pass them on. I purchased this in part for the universal Tome. I have sent a help request and it is unanswered. I am VIP, so I thought we were supposed to at least get a response.

Request #326864

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Items aren't auto-delivered anymore (with newer expansions), they're claimed. Go visit the expansion pack NPC in the Hall of Heroes (or upper Sharn) to collect the items from your bundle.

Daemos

I'm not sure that is correct, as two characters did receive everything. Also, I know of a VECNA NPC, but no Sharn NPC in Sharn or the Hall. As I was just there, please let me know where it is. Thanx in advance....

Signed A Blind Player

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Sorry, my mistake, you wrote Sharn but I read it fast and was thinking Vecna. The Sharn tome should just in your inventory on each character; and if since it isn't, you've got a bug. Good luck with customer service, hope they can sort you out.

Last edited:

Dax

I've yet to receive anything either. I thought maybe i'd overlooked an NPC too, nice to know i'm not going mad.

just going to leave this here.... Request #326046

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Someone else was having issues with items not showing up from their feywild pack but when they logged on just a bit ago today the items had appeared. Just curious if either your missing stuff appeared today too or not?

Dax

Someone else was having issues with items not showing up from their feywild pack but when they logged on just a bit ago today the items had appeared. Just curious if either your missing stuff appeared today too or not?
Still nothing :(

Daemos

After responses of "Is it spontaneously fixed yet?" (paraphrasing), and later "Give me the EXACT date and time you purchased it" even though I already gave them my account and purchase card info, I was away on XMas holiday, so I now have the "It's been 96 hours, so we assume it's fixed, and we are closing the complaint" notice.....it just amazes me ...

I sent a follow up complaint.... Request #330067 ... this really is annoying....

As sent:

Thursday at 22:09
This is a follow-up to your previous request #326864 "Universal Tome in Ultimate Sharn bundle not in some inventory"
Still not fixed. Per request, it was purchased on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023, at 8:22PM. order ID is 2XXXXXX604
Again, please send +1 Tome of understanding to characters on this account, as most did not receive it. Again, they did receive the 2 items labels Sharn Passport and Sharn bundle. Again, the item labeled "Sharn bundle" does not give the +1 Tome.

Sooooooo, it has been over a month without ANY resolution or attempts at fixing it...just aggravating...

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Have you tried creating a new character and seeing if the Tome of Universal Enhancement comes with the new character?

If not, is it possible you can do so when you next log in? You can delete the character after. But what I'm most concerned with is, is it dropping at all with characters on your account.

If it does (drop with the new character), then the correct Package is already on your account, and something else is happening/wrong with the situation. Usually in this instance, you can simply request on each character to have that particular item sent, as it was not delivered. Rather than have them try to look or sort something out that they can't really do; you need to give them each character name for example, you can't say add back to each of your characters. Well, actually, that's not true, you CAN do this, but you will be unlikely to get very far with them by doing so. Make it simple for them so they can sort it out quicker. (Thelanis server, Jedinja, Yijing, Fuexi are missing their Tome of Universal Enhancement (Sharn) +1, can you please have these arranged to be sent back to each of the characters?)

If it doesn't, then there's an issue with what package you have on your account. And that's a different thing that needs to be addressed instead by the team (and it's likely a different team that handles it). It's possible that something funny is amiss on the back end on your account. I myself for example, have previously had Cordovan and someone else on the backend, MANUALLY attempt to add a code to my account. TWICE. And for some reason or other that we can't explain or find out, my account was not added with that code. But in any event, you need to have them look at something else rather than just for the resending of the tomes.

J1NG

Daemos

J1ng, TY for the response. If you look at my message to them (in the post you responded to), I believe I stated "Again, please send +1 Tome of understanding to characters on this account, as most did not receive it."

If you believe that the statement is unclear, please help me in making it moreso. As it seems that MANY of the 25 character slots did not receive it, and the fact that one cannot use a +1 Sharn toon twice, I thought that asking for all to just be sent the tome was to be the simplest thing for them to do..

Thank you in advance. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Dragavon

A tome of understanding is a wisdom tome. There has never been a +1 wisdom tome in any expansion pack.

I would guess you mean the +1 universal action point (Sharn) tome?

But if you sent a ticked asking for a +1 wisdom tome then support does not know anything about that.

Daemos

Ah, TY. The title of the complaint sent to SSG since November 22nd has been "Universal Tome in Ultimate Sharn bundle not in some inventory", but I do see my error. TY for pointing it out. I will try and update the message in the complaint. I must have been blinded to universal vs. understanding. I greatly appreciate your correction.

Last edited:

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
J1ng, TY for the response. If you look at my message to them (in the post you responded to), I believe I stated "Again, please send +1 Tome of understanding to characters on this account, as most did not receive it."

If you believe that the statement is unclear, please help me in making it moreso. As it seems that MANY of the 25 character slots did not receive it, and the fact that one cannot use a +1 Sharn toon twice, I thought that asking for all to just be sent the tome was to be the simplest thing for them to do..

Thank you in advance. I appreciate it.
As has been pointed out by @Dragavon , the "Tome of Understanding +1" being a Wisdom (Stat) tome, not being part of any pack, would be a confusing issue if the support team member is being asked to restore an item (to which there is no such item in a Bundle). So you updating this (that is should be a Tome of Universal Enhancement (Sharn) +1) should help matters get rolling.

---

Also, your pre-quoted part (in italics), is technically unclear on the following points:

1. If you had 10 character slots, and all 10 were filled already, you would not have been able to check if a new character had a tome or not, this could mean that the Bundle might have got disabled or changed (bugged) mid-way through on the back-end somehow. Much like how sometimes purchasing something doesn't seem to apply to your account after buying, something might not apply after a moment (due to bug or other issue on the back end).

If you had created a new character and they have or did not have the Tome of Universal Enhancement (Sharn) +1, this would have eliminated this aspect. This is an essential piece of information that is desirable because if it's not applied properly, then you will need to contact Support again to get fixed (for future toons and/or on other servers). And after fixing you may get duplicate items (which you're not entitled to) when it finally gets fixed by the proper team which is something they do not want to have got into in the first place. So if you get the right issue fixed first time, it's quicker and easier for everyone.

:: edit ::
For clarification, it is not clear from your posts that you have done this prior. It was possible, yet it might not have been possible as well. That is why I asked if you did or did not.
:: /edit ::

2. Also, you have 25 characters. Is that all on one server? What happens if you have 25 characters on each server? A support team member would need to go through all of your characters and individually send a tome to each one after checking they need one or not. This would take time, when if you simply provided the name of each character missing said item (Tome of Universal Enhancement (Sharn) +1) and on which server, then they can do that much quicker because it eliminates the need for them to ask you to jump through the (same) hoops that you will be asked to do in the first place. Always treat any support as dumb as possible and make everything as simple as possible so they can solve it quicker.

---

I apologise if it reads like I'm gaslighting you over the support matter, it's just that if you can make things clear and concise (having eliminated any possible hoop support might want to ask you to jump over, which they WILL ask of you if you don't do first), more often than not, they will do as you request quickly and without fuss.

Anyway, I hope things get sorted quickly for you now. :)

J1NG

Last edited:

Daemos

TY J1NG.

I have collected the names of the characters that require the Tome of Universal Enhancement (Sharn) +1. As I play only on Orien, I do not have any characters of significance on other servers.

BTW, for "SCIENCE"...I did make a new character, and it did get all three slotted items which includes the TOME

-I thought it had to do with a full inventory causing and overburdened state, but this was not the case in all, as a bank toon got it after offloading items.

-I thought it was low level, but I have characters under 15 getting it.

-I thought it might be characters where the items were placed in different areas of backpack storage rather than all in a row, but also not the case.

THANK YOU again. I can not add to the support complaint until they "receive" it, but I will give the corrected info with the character list. This was very helpful to me J!NG. TY for taking the time to type it out.

Daemos

And here we are, almost 2 months into this, and my complaint/problem is still "open"....

Not pending, not looking into it, not even "read and ignoring"...

It can't be fixed if you don't look at the complaint....and asking "what day did you buy it??" when I gave you my account info shouldn't count....

Why do I still like this game so much....

Daemos

Good (ish?) news,

After my frustration a couple of days ago, I messaged Cordovan, who was kind enough to respond in a timely fashion stating he would forward the issue to "CS". TY CORDOVAN!

"CS" then emailed me with a "we are looking into it".......a step at least. And for those playing the home game, I did add the issues and requests per J1NG's instructions.

TY all, I hope I can end this post on a good note in the next few days/weeks/months/........