Oblivion Destiny Refresh, Might as well try an Alchemist

BiggerTrolls

I have the 3 alch lives. I successfully ignored learning anything about alchemist while completing the past lives transaction. I have a completionist toon. I would like a dps nuker build. The gear looks pretty open, with ONLY 4 hunt the hunt token farms left for me to craft my 5% crit augment.

Dragonborn looks pretty good for alchemist, is there something I'm missing on the race choice? I see many gnome builds.

How well do alchemist spell points hold out in raids? Will this class be a frequent consumer of the potions?

How bigly does the filigree/cold very reasonably managed elemental primacy issue figure into build choice?

Is there much room for an orb? Is there a staff consensus?

Thanks for your wisdom.

DBZ

Go frogs for the win Kermits are coming deep gnome has max trans dcs 150+

You want dps nuker just go bow can def use a legendary alchemical club - orb it can have max acid augmentation and trans dcs

Alchs if your color changing combos can solo heal raids and insta kill till the cows come home very mana efficient

Last edited:

DBZ

Some one wrote up max trans dcs in the alchemist section idk if thats totally viable yet but according to the list

It should def no fail r10 myth drannors easy with just sharn and feywild gear

Spook listed most or all of the stacking bonuses

And gnome has it's own greater color spray so you can dump the feydark tree again for falcon tree to make back some of the dps loss too

Lazuli

Go frogs for the win Kermits are coming deep gnome has max trans dcs 150+

You want dps nuker just go bow can def use a legendary alchemical club - orb it can have max acid augmentation and trans dcs

Alchs if your color changing combos can solo heal raids and insta kill till the cows come home very mana efficient
Mmm better Iod weapon over the alchemical orb. Keep in mind that arcane augmentation increases CL but not maximum CL, so you're going to have the spells in the cap anyway. Iod weapons have ash, vulnerability and such.

One of the few spells in which these items worked, DB, is being nerfed. Right now I don't see any use for these items.

DBZ

And on my alts currently i dump accelerate feat i haven't used it in years its mostly useless when you have your targeting mastered

Low ceilings fire a test shot if your un sure then full volley and instead i take 2 more spell dc feats

So i have greater conj and greater trans focuses then at 21 i can take epic focus conj and 31 spell specialty trans those do stack

The alchemical weapons do increase mcls i use them on my fireborns great for db and reborn in fire

I don't own iod and def not buying it now so can't say but ya iod for a club works too

The other reason to use an alchemical orb would be to fully max trans dcs you need tier 5 apothacary and lose elemental stripping

So acid if you do solo or ice for more cc would work but then immunes are a pita

Last edited:

DBZ

Good news Tonquin is fixing Breath Augmentation CC to work with Alchemists Gold and Poison breaths

A little more CC for the tool box

DBZ

With a few minor tweaks gained 20-125 heal amp, 20-50 mrr, 111 lightning resistances and absorbs

Now at 200 melee power just waiting on MD crits at 65 with pomuras and 150 crit multiplier with 5 ds

Last edited:

BiggerTrolls

I tried alchemist for a few weeks at cap. Not enjoyable. I did not like it. Damage was strong, most of the alchemist things worked as expected. The reaction thing was pretty easy to get working, and a very enjoyable part of alch. I probably will not do another alch life for a long long tine. Thanks for the awesome tips in thread.

DBZ

And 10 more mrr cap so 110 in esoteric robes probly 130 in scav set

New hybrid is fun with an MD gear set 200-270+ is doable with working spell dcs ez

I did test arcane warrior with pots and that is working got lucky there

Last edited: