Paladin tank help

Hello friends. New player here. I started playing almost two months ago, and I'm thinking of reincarnating my character, and I wanted to try a paladin tank. I was searching for some guides to loosely follow but the ones I found were pretty much outdated.
So I'm wondering if someone here can help me, or at least give me some pointers on what to do. I do have a general idea on what to do though, so I'm not completely clueless. 😊
I am mostly concerned about what race should I pick. Right now I'm torn between going with Shifter or Aasimar. Shifter gives access to rage and some natural AC buff plus more constitution from their cores.
While Aasimar gives more healing, charisma buffs and access to either magical training feat, or tower shield proficiency which will save me a feat for something else.
Any other suggestions or tips or build ideas are welcome!

Last edited:

mikarddo

I do not mean to discourage you - but in DDO tanks only really play a role in a very limited number of places.
Raids mostly, and high reaper at cap groups to a lesser degree.
For leveling tanks have no role except to basically pike.
Usually, making a useful tank for raids and/or high reaper end game play requires quite a bit of knowledge and investning.

This is very unlike most other MMO and thus worth noting.
My suggestion would be to make a Paladin dps character with the ability to intimidate so you may dps well while also tanking - but not really be an all our tank. That is a decently useful build both for leveling and at cap. Just be careful with your aggro if you do end up in a raid or a high reaper group with an actual tank - you dont want to mess up aggro in such a case.

Upvote 0