Paladine DPS Build based on Strength

Deamon81

Hi there, I´m playing now for a long time DDO and I already got some good builds also a Paladine Tank Dwarf which works good also in Raids.

I´ve now build a Assimar Paladine with Greatsword based on Strength for DPS but overall I´m not really satisfied.

I´ve chosen Knight of Chalies and the DPS output is between 500-4000 on crits which sounds a bit less.

So I would like to ask which builds do you use, not Charisma based so maybe I will get some more ideas what I can modify :)

Thanks

Aggy

Hi there, I´m playing now for a long time DDO and I already got some good builds also a Paladine Tank Dwarf which works good also in Raids.

I´ve now build a Assimar Paladine with Greatsword based on Strength for DPS but overall I´m not really satisfied.

I´ve chosen Knight of Chalies and the DPS output is between 500-4000 on crits which sounds a bit less.

So I would like to ask which builds do you use, not Charisma based so maybe I will get some more ideas what I can modify :)

Thanks

Paladin builds that I liked were Strength based Dwarf Single Weapon Fighting with Dwarven Axe (take THF Mastery at lvl 31). This can also be done with Battle Axe or War Hammer for more single target damage, but then without the feat at 31.

Another build that comes to mind is Wood Elf Paladin with Falchion as favored weapon. Requires possibly some racial AP.

I also played Aasimar Scourge (needs +1 heart of wood) THF Paladin with Silvanus Diety and Great Maul as weapon.

Also just in case you are not using it, Sanctified Favor filiigree set is the bomb for Paladins. What Destiny do you run in?
I assume the numbers you posted are without double strike? Get that as high as possible including the past life stances from Aasimar Scourge and Melee Sphere.

What weapon are you using? Greatsword is generally regarded as the weakest Two Handed weapon. ESoS being an exception, but even that is kinda outdated.

axel15810

Thanks
I just posted a STR based THF maul paladin build here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/axels-hardcore-maul-paladin-build.6793/

It's an iconic though and catered to hardcore.

If you post your Aasimar Paladin build you used and let us give feedback that'd probably be best. DPS output is a combination of a lot of things. Mainly gear and build.

Grunndi

Overall your stats look quite low, even with minimal tomes/PLs/reaper points you should be able to get you main stat to at least 80ish. Since you’re only 31, I’m assuming you don’t have your endgame gear set up quite yet, but that’s where you can probably improve your stats a lot. What is your melee power, Doublestrike, and damage Mod on your weapon?

In terms of your enhancements, you should have Divine Might and Exalted Smite. Also haste boost from Vistani. Those are universally good things every Pally DPS should have.

There’s a couple different ways to go with Epic Destinies. DC has some good stuff for Pally. LD and Fury are also options. US is fine for a few points for some HP and MP, but I wouldn’t use the Mantle since it provides no offensive benefits (DC or LD would be my choice). I personally like T4 fury for max Adrenaline, but that’s quite different from your set up.

For a true DPS Pally you usually want to be raging from Fury (gets +10 Str and +4 Con with the right set up) and let’s you use Madstone Clickies (another +2 Str, +4 Con, and +5% attack speed), but then you’d need to rework your enhancements since Sacred defense doesn’t work with rage (probably put more into Vistani).

But really everyone has to find the right balance of DPS to Durability for themselves though, so there isn’t a one-size-fits-all “correct” set-up. There’s a bunch of solid builds posted here you can get some ideas from.