Pure cleric at cap and divine augmentation

Archest

Your caster level is the sum of your levels in that caster class, plus your levels in all prestige classes that count as that class, plus eventually any other bonuses that apply specifically and explicitly to caster level.

Many spells are subject to a maximum caster level (MCL). The part of the spell that scales by caster level will no longer scale when the maximum caster level is reached or exceeded, whether through the character's caster level exceeding the MCL or caster level increasing effects pushing the caster level of the spell past the MCL.

does caster level effect maximum caster level if there is no maximum castor level?

Each spell has max caster level, like fireball stack up to 10 levels naturally if you are level 7 with increase caster level 2 you will cast at level 9,but if you already leveled to 9 you now will cast as level 11,but cap is still 10 so now you need to increase max caster level.

Last edited:

Drunken.dx

That answers most of my questions.

One more: Implosion.

I can't find what decides DC of that spell.

I assume it's evocation spell DC's, and what else?

Would minor artifact i linked in op give only +2 to DC or would divine augmentation give another +2?

Pinecone

DC isn't impacted by caster level. In the case of implosion, which deal 2d3+6 damage per caster level, (and does not seem to have a max caster level) it will deal 4d3+12 more base damage with 2 increased caster levels

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

DC isn't impacted by caster level. In the case of implosion, which deal 2d3+6 damage per caster level, (and does not seem to have a max caster level) it will deal 4d3+12 more base damage with 2 increased caster levels
thats if that part of the description is correct, the dnd dice says 2d3+6, then damage says 4-6 damage...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The augmentation wouldn't effect regular DC checks but should effect spell resistance checks (in theory). I've never personally checked to see if the CL from divine augmentation effects spell resistance saves or not. Or if the divine spells that should be effected are flagged correctly to gain those bonuses- there were a bunch of spells that weren't getting the CL when the item came out because of misflagging; so I couldn't just guess off-hand.

I would asume if it's working correctly with X spells then it should boost the spell resistance checks based off:
1d20+caster level+spell penetration bonuses (Includes Feats, Enhancements, Epic Destinies, and Items.)
I don't recall if one sees SR dice rolls when doing implosion or not, so that might be something a dev like Tonquin could check to see if it's flagged to work with divine augmentation items or not (if we can't see in-game what that save check was).

DBZ

If they are even working 5050 always test that first most - all spells are still hard capped for when level 20 was cap so its pretty meh for that

ED abilities should have no max mcl so you could get a boost from some of those along with other things like

legendary alchemical weapons orbs shields i like the feywild sacred dc gloves for an ez stacking 2 dcs

You should be able to easy test celestial bombardment and flame pillars for those mcls

Archest

2 d3 two three sided dice each value is 1 2 or 3 added together the sum of 2 three sided dice can be 2 4 or 6