Pure Dark Hunter Bow

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Dark Hunter- Wood Elf - Pure - Chaotic Neutral
Dex 20, Con 16, Int 14
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Shot on the Run, IC: Ranged, Precision, PBS, Nimble Fingers
Epic Feats: Combat archery, Pierce DR(Any, I choose silver), Overwhelming Critical, Doubleshot, Enhanced Elemental Dice, Harbinger of Chaos, watchful eye, Epic Reflexes(you can take PL rogue instead but this is more defensive for survivability vs an active clicky for 3 minutes/shrine.), Scion of Arborea.
Dark Hunter Favored Enemies: All except for animal (you get this from falconry)
Iconic stance: Shadar Kai/PDK.
Epic Stances: Skills, Brace, Enchant Weapons, Doubleshot.
charsheet.png

Active buffs: +2 dex (rem), +2 dex (yugo), Tensers.

enhancements.png

destiny.png

With the change to hunts end not being a strike anymore, we now get versatile choices here. Pluck of the Strings is the go to for your dps strike. Pin will be used as a emergency CC strike.
doubleshotranged.png

extrainfo.png

weapon2.png

BDR: 48.375 + 146= 194.3
Additional damages for the weapon not listed
Tenacious Hunter: +6
Marked Target: +23
Thrill of the Hunt: +2
= 225.375
Favored Enemy: +23
= 248.375

Active buffs: Morale +2, Alchemical +2, Tensers/Rem/yugo dex.
Ranged power: Reaper + Archers Focus + Misty Step.
Doubleshot: Standing, Memento would be 173% (As a note, I did lose 6% for swapping from dread to fatesinger)

dread_curse_4.png

dread_stalker.png

Ravens_Eye.png

weapon1.png

Before this ED pass the dex on dino artifact made it even.

Ravens Gloves: mostly useless item except for the set bonus. Perfect for farming good curses.
Dino bow: with the extreme challenge ring this was able to fit in better with my set. The difference between dino and chaos decreases very much due to bonuses and ease of farming stuff like mythic/reaper rings. After getting kelas mixtures for augments the bow is a good item to farm for curses as you can easily move over augments with bonepickers. Debuff should be coordinated with the groups you play with.
Dino Armor: Alacrity is one of the effects needed to be able to swap out chaosbow for the 5% attack speed difference.

cunningimpact.png

Thorn boots: Mostly useless except for the +5 primal damage. ONLY works for pure ranger/dark hunter as its reliant on wilderness lore feats. Another item that's good to farm curses for. Currently looking for the +2 imbue dice so I can swap the set over too +3 Imbue (have to farm kelas mixtures for that too)
quiver.png

Filigrees.png

Wildhunter VS Shattered Devices: Currently simply because I run with multiple people who run shattered devices. Adding yet another debuff that doesn't stack didnt matter as much.
Filigrees on the ring are all Ranged power Rare for: Spines/wreath(raid), Crackshot, Wreath, and Spines.

Other Notes:
Magma: While this is a strong effect, so many mobs are immune to fire where it's relevant that I opted to not bother with it. Especially since cold casters are the preferred style that can strip.
This is not a passive playstyle, you have to keep on top of cooldowns.
AoE attacks: they are mostly designed for leveling/low reaper, not exactly worried about them.
Hunts end: The change hurts the big pretty numbers, but in practicality it only really effects: Bosses/Dooms/Raids. Pluck of the String can be used to make up for quite a bit of the damage lost.
Imbue dice: With the major curse and Kelas mixture augment set this will get you to 14 dice. You can get to 14 without the imbue curse by simply having someone cast greater elemental weapons on you.
Inspire Courage: Is just to cause lag, cause who doesn't like a constantly refreshing buff every 10 seconds.
This gear set does NOT work for the multiclass builds as its simply designed for pure.
To replace Dino with Chaosbow you'd give up either boots or gloves and ring slot. Chaos would take up an augment slot for a set bonus and farming mythic/reaper raid rings is "fun".

build pictures

Last edited:

Oliphant

Notice you have Essence of Dark Diversion augment and Ring of Unnatural Accuracy. I think the diversion on those is the same type.

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Notice you have Essence of Dark Diversion augment and Ring of Unnatural Accuracy. I think the diversion on those is the same type.
Relic of my previous gear set, although dark diversion also effects spell threat for your elemental damage/double rainbow procs.
Over Scion of Ethereal Plane?
Before this update it was needed to make imbue dice fall on the 7. After getting the aug set + either imbue curse or greater elemental weapons buff it'll be needed to make imbue dice sit at 14 for stay loud.
Cool build! You must have a pretty good system for managing all those active attacks.
Naw I'm terrible at managing them. Adding in 2 more this update made it even more fun... But I will say having both extra buttons on mouse and using modifier keys makes it easier. Most of it just comes down to muscle memory.

Oliphant

Relic of my previous gear set, although dark diversion also effects spell threat for your elemental damage/double rainbow procs.
Oh wow, I didn't think anything reduced threat on damage/double rainbow procs, Nice!

I have 3 extra buttons on my mouse, which even that helps a lot. For ergo reasons I always use a thumb ball mouse and I haven't found a thumb ball that has lots of extra buttons like I've seen on some normal style mouse. I stretch the mouse buttons with the ctrl+ and alt+, and I make the ~ my modifier key and use ~+1, ~+2, and ~+3. The alt+ stuff is stuff I use very rarely. I could add ~ + mouse buttons but my brain is more used to ctrl+mouse.

Last edited:

FixBows

I am wondering / asking if you think watchful eye as a feat selection instead of epic reflexes is good or go with epic reflexes. Thinking 5% doubleshot is nice.

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
I am wondering / asking if you think watchful eye as a feat selection instead of epic reflexes is good or go with epic reflexes. Thinking 5% doubleshot is nice.
I just forgot to list it. You get both. Should be 9 feats there not 8. (4 epic, 4 destiny, 1 legendary)

As for the images. I'm about 800 miles away from the laptop I posted them originally from. I'll get it fixed soon.

RangerOne

I will study this in more detail so thanks for the post. I want that level of doubleshot and ranged power. I run WIS with Falconry so I guess that is where I fall short. I can't reach 100 without DPW and never liked Horizon Walker. Back to being an archer so I need to play around a bit. Again, thanks.

Garix

Dex to damage just from the bow? So a respec would be needed during the levelling process? Or am I missing something?

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Dex to damage just from the bow? So a respec would be needed during the levelling process? Or am I missing something?
Bows have had dex to damage inherently for quite some time now. Not sure which update but was years ago.

Garix

Bows have had dex to damage inherently for quite some time now. Not sure which update but was years ago.
Blimey I've been int based for way to long. Never noticed. Ta (y)
EDIT: Update 49 brought in the change. Have no idea how I missed it

Last edited:

FixBows

Also, I think when you go up the shiradi tree, you hit 29 points when finishing off tier 4. I think you need to add 1 pt in somewhere. Maybe I am doing it wrong though....

unbongwah

Is there any particular advantage to pure Dark Hunter over rogue 12 / Dark Hunter 6? Is it just for the extra Favored Enemy feats and maybe spells?

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Also, I think when you go up the shiradi tree, you hit 29 points when finishing off tier 4. I think you need to add 1 pt in somewhere. Maybe I am doing it wrong though....
This probably comes from the change of point cost for one of the tier 4 abilities. I posted this just after the ED pass cause I was going to be away for awhile. Just throw the 1 point into wellspring and it should be good.

Is there any particular advantage to pure Dark Hunter over rogue 12 / Dark Hunter 6? Is it just for the extra Favored Enemy feats and maybe spells?
Higher BDR, lower sneak dice. I focused more around bows crits due to their slower base attack speed and better crit profiles then other ranged weapons. Stuff like sniper shot, manyshot, and hunts end will be more appealing with the higher BDR too.

Last edited: