(Request for build) Viable Morninglord Caster Cleric for Solo Iconic Lifes

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Hello there!

That is a request thread, PLEASE BE POLITE!
Recently I earned some Iconic True Hearts of the Wood from the Gold Daily Dice (sitting on two BTA and want to use it on my main). Now, I'm rolling a FireBlasterWarlock for Racials. Was thinking on make a 19 AotS/1 cleric for the Fire Spell Power + Light Spell Power Toogle, but then I thought "why not move forward the Heroic TR wheel with some cleric past lifes for Conjuration DC" (Evard's could benefit from it). In the past on an Alt I ran some clonk, but only in heroics, don't if the build is viable to solo Epic content. So...

Can some one (especially the builders theorycrafters) provide a reliable Morninglord Caster Cleric capable of solo R1 15 to 30?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Don't have Isle of Dread or Vecna for gear purpose!

Djoe

Caster Cleric is fun and pretty easy to solo r1 on. https://ddowiki.com/page/Domain << Look at these if you haven't yet, the caster trees all give you a pretty good SLA at lvl 14, so you would have it for the entire leveling process. Sun domain is probably the best, but fire and air domain are good as well. Pretty standard setup, all in wisdom with con and charisma (for undead turning. If you don't care, dont worry about it) as secondaries. For feats, grab maximize, empower, quicken, and probably extend - the rest is up to you.
If you don't have good light and fire clubs from the Peril of the Planar Eyes chain, you could probably make do with the one you get for free from Into the Mists. The 3 piece Flamecleansed Fury set from sharn will carry you from 15 - 30, where you then will be tempted to put on the Legendary Flamecleansed Fury set. Having this set probably isn't a must-have either, but you should seriously consider grinding it out if you don't already have it.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
New Build
Cleric 20, Epic 10
Neutral Good Morninglord

Stats
36pt Level Up
---- --------
Strength 8 4: WIS
Dexterity 8 8: WIS
Constitution 16 12: WIS
Intelligence 12 16: WIS
Wisdom 18 20: WIS
Charisma 10 24: WIS
28: WIS

Skills
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
------------------------------------------------------------
Heal 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
Spellcr 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
Jump ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 9
Tumble 1 1
UMD 1 1
------------------------------------------------------------
12 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2
Max 12 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

Feats

1 : Maximize Spell
3 : Quicken Spell
6 : Empower Spell
9 : Enlarge Spell
12 : Spell Focus: Evocation
15 : Heighten Spell
18 : Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
21 Epic : Epic Spell Focus: Evocation
22 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Light
24 Epic : Embolden Spell
25 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Fire
27 Epic : Wellspring of Power
28 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Positive
30 Epic : Intensify Spell
30 Legend : Scion of: Celestia

2 Cleric : Fire Domain

1 Deity : Follower of: Amaunator
6 Deity : Amaunator's Flames
Something basic like this would cover you. Can pretty much just use the same gear from your AotS lives as this build would be a bunch of light, alignment, and fire damage too.

You can probably acolyte splash em too for sum cheap free dps if your just doing pls
Unless one does 12 AotS, the damage will fall off in epics as the 2 epic warlock damage feats require 12 warlock levels.

DBZ

Just enough for the pls works fine did 26 9 lock itrs easily stomping r1s those were mostly acid for knock for r frags or sonic

Zaszgul

Figure out how you want to kill stuff in epics, and work backwards. Heroic SLAs are good for heroic leveling, but that's brief as an iconic and you won't have fun relying on them in epic past the first few levels.

This is why I went Air - electric Dragon Breath and mantle. You don't want fire cause you can't strip immunity, and the only heroic nuke worth using in epics is Bombardment (fire).

The other thing Air gives is DCs, which you will need because the best thing in the Divine Disciple tree is t5 WoB, and getting that renders you ineligible for the capstone even as pure 20. Stupid design, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

DBZ

Acid DI has the least amount of immunes only wiz king is a problem and for that quest u run primal fire stance ez pz done

Zaszgul

Yeah but Acid DI is conjuration, not evocation like every other cleric spell and earth domain is nothing special, imo. No DCs and you won't need earthquake between soundburst and optionally BoGW.

Still though, he should pick whatever he thinks will work best for him in epics and decide from there.

DBZ

R1 stomping not r10s dont need tentacles some lives n inevitable or shiradi procs are all you need

Light damage spells to the scaling too with the lock imbue you want sun domain more light vuln

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Thanks for the quick replies and advices so far!
If you don't have good light and fire clubs from the Peril of the Planar Eyes chain, you could probably make do with the one you get for free from Into the Mists. The 3 piece Flamecleansed Fury set from sharn will carry you from 15 - 30
hehehe I have those, using a Fire+Light Quarterstaff (Malleable+Fusible) on heroics and Epic Combustion from Borderlands, since Hallowed Trails gives Radiance + Lore. Flamecleansed Fury I have the heroic, not so lucky pulling Legendary Cloak and Bracers. I have the gear, just need to switch Exceptional Charisma Diamond for Wisdow.
You can probably acolyte splash
As @rabidfox said, not worth without at least 12, and it won't count as a Cleric PL. AotS was my first tought going 19/1, but can grind AotS in a non-iconic.
Something basic like this would cover you. Can pretty much just use the same gear from your AotS lives as this build would be a bunch of light, alignment, and fire damage too.
Oh nice! Thanks, if a pure light/fire Divine Disciple can solo Epic R1s is good enough, won't go on Legendaries... just hit 30 and TR.

Figure out how you want to kill stuff in epics
I got used to nuke everything with Evards + BoGW + Dragon Breath. Using Ruin+GRuin+Blasting Red/Purple Bosses. For mobs Immune to fire (especially Constructs, turning of Pact and switching to Penetrating Blast). All my gear is fire+light related, not so keen to farm gear to cover other elements and playstyles (Storage Issues 😅).

Isilion

Although relatively old, this is worth a read regarding domains. Air is also an option imo for someone relatively new (minimal past lives, tomes, gear etc) as it gives +4 dc to evocation

In terms of gear from 15 I like flamecleansed fury set + wild flame + resplendent orb (note the insightful radiance lore)
Wild Flame + Resplendant Fury