Set augments disqualifying the cancelled set on a socketed item

Kerkos

Bug Report Number:
I was looking into using one of the set augments (×3). In discussion with folks, it came out that if you slot one of these into an item that has a set bonus, you won't get the original set bonus even if you have enough other items for the set. For example, if I'm wearing 6 summer items from feywild, and don a 7th that has a set augment that replaces the sunmer set with the augment's set, I won't get credit for the other 6 items to get the summer set bonuses. Is that true? I don't want to waste raid runes for science to see foe myself. The way it was reading in the augment descriptions, it would only disallow the item it was slotted into from participating in the original set.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
What happens is this:

1. An item can have an Innate Set Bonus (eg Summer set).
2. An Augment Set Bonus will override any Innate Set Bonus on an item (and make the Set Bonus on the item it is inserted into to not be counted for that set, but will count for this Augment Set Bonus).

For example:

The Cloak of Summer has an Innate Summer set bonus. I already have 4 other Summer Set items equipped. But I want to use the Cloak of Summer and two other items as part of the Wild Fortitude (Constitution +3) Augment set instead. After inserting all the (Wild Fortitude) Augment Set Bonus on and equipping those three items as well along with the Summer Set items already equipped), I will now have the following:

Wild Fortitude Set Bonus (from x3 items)
Summer Set Bonus x4 (from x4 items, even though one item, the Cloak of Summer is originally part of the Summer Set, because the Augment Set Bonus overwrote the innate Set Bonus, it doesn't count for the Summer Bonus just the Wild Fortitude Set Bonus instead).

If more clarification or questions is needed, let me know.

J1NG

Hobgoblin

he is saying he has say a six piece dread set.

he puts a set aug in one of them.

he doesnt get dread set anymore

Hobgoblin

yes i know how its supposed to work.

he knows how it is supposed to work.

he has someone telling him it doesnt now.

he wants clarification

edit: maybe im reading it wrong because of discord convo about same thing

Lazuli

I was looking into using one of the set augments (×3). In discussion with folks, it came out that if you slot one of these into an item that has a set bonus, you won't get the original set bonus even if you have enough other items for the set. For example, if I'm wearing 6 summer items from feywild, and don a 7th that has a set augment that replaces the sunmer set with the augment's set, I won't get credit for the other 6 items to get the summer set bonuses. Is that true?
No.
The way it was reading in the augment descriptions, it would only disallow the item it was slotted into from participating in the original set
That is true.

Kerkos

Thanks. I didn't want to waste a bunch of runes to get disappointed and make an angry forum post instead of a nice, question asking forum post.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Lamannia will be up soon. You can always xfer over there (for free) and test this kind of thing to see for yourself, and it doesn't affect your inventory on a live server. That's how people figure this stuff out without playing roulette.

Lazuli

Lamannia will be up soon. You can always xfer over there (for free) and test this kind of thing to see for yourself, and it doesn't affect your inventory on a live server. That's how people figure this stuff out without playing roulette.
This is the best, because just because a set works well does not mean that there are no sets are not bugged.